Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after having my 600rr stolen last October, I finally am getting ready to purchase a replacement. I just put a deposit on a maroon and black 2006 gsxr 750. The bike should arrive on Monday. I still plan on hanging around the site if you guys will have me. I am still a Honda guy at heart and I don't think I would appreciate the advice given at the gixxer sites. The bike is just too nice (performance and looks) to pass up. I'll be sure to post some picts when I pick the bike up.

I also plan on breaking the bike in on a dyno using the mototune break in. I'll let you know how that goes.

-Later.

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
congrats man make sure you post pic of the bike

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Hey, as long as Honda doesn't make a 750, you need a home somewhere! But the moment Honda comes out with a CBR750RR, we may have to let you go! Haha! How sweet would that be? CBR750RR. Anyways, I got the new SportRider mag today with a cover on the new Gixxers. Yeah, the 750 looked hot! Ride safe bro!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
congrats on the bike bro! dont forget to post lots of pics!

·
Premium Member - BOTM 02/2010
1,540 Posts
awesome choice. def. post some pics up. i wanna see the maroon. i havnt seen it in person yet. i liked the yellow and black 750 from the internet pictures. Congrats and good luck!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
APEX_600RR said:
Hahah well with the purchase of any new gixxer the dealer throws in the Dulex Rider Package as a bonus:

I got them to throw the riding gear in for free.

The bike arrived at the dealer today. I'm working out the insurance and loan stuff today. Should be picking it up tomorrow or Wednesday and then its to the dyno for break in.

I'll definitely take some picks when it stops raining.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
LOL!

definately stay around man... I went to the gixxer a couple of months ago, and sometimes I feel like I'm holding down the fort all on my own!

As far as gixxer sites, nobody has much good to say on the suzuki forums I've found, and instead of waiting minutes for an answer like on here, you may wait days, if you even get one at all.

On a side note, I've been very impressed with my gixxer, and I'm sure you will be with yours when you get it as well. Drop us some pics when you get it!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ME2 said:
LOL!

definately stay around man... I went to the gixxer a couple of months ago, and sometimes I feel like I'm holding down the fort all on my own!

As far as gixxer sites, nobody has much good to say on the suzuki forums I've found, and instead of waiting minutes for an answer like on here, you may wait days, if you even get one at all.

On a side note, I've been very impressed with my gixxer, and I'm sure you will be with yours when you get it as well. Drop us some pics when you get it!
Which bike did you get? What aftermarket stuff would you recommend picking up? First thing I've been looking for is a set of frame sliders. I've used Intuitive in the past and have liked them, but I don't know if they have them for this bike yet. I am also thinking about puig dark smoke, double bubble windscreen. Eventually, I'll likely put on SS brake lines.

Any advice?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts