Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After talking with Jeff Car about the Slip-on I decided to go with it.
I woke up to it sitting at my front door!

I went to the garage and started working.
Pulling the stock exhaust off was pretty simple, just watch your hands on the heat shield. (Ran under my thumb nail)

Once I got off all the stock exhaust parts including heat shields I fired her up to hear the straight pipe!
:director: LOUD!!

Putting the MBRP exhaust on was simple. I lined it all up by looking at the tire and tail and had no problems.

(For anyone who doesn't have much skill in this area the exhaust came with no instructions)

I put the bike back together and it looks great. Do have to say it's very small can, but the sound has Two Brothers beat by far! Deeper at idle and screams up top.

I ran into a guy at the gas station who had a two brothers on his 07' RR and loved the MBRP. So for anyone out there who wants LOUD and DEEP go mbrp.

Performance- Seems to be slighty sloppy in the low end, but the top end has changed for the good. Due to money issues it will be awhile before I get a PCIII and an Air Filter for dyno runs.

I will have photos up when I get my camera back and also a video.
Start up, Idle, Rev, and of course the favorite.. FLY BY

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered it from MBRP. Jeff Car is the guy to talk to. We worked out a fairly good deal.
I got the exhaust for $431 with shipping it was $459
I also wanted a tip for the exhaust and jeff threw that in for free which was $30..

Great guy to deal with, No ******** from him.
Very quick to answer emails and phone calls.
Quality of the exhaust is great..

I'm at school now, Which as of now I have 100 miles on the exhaust.
LOVE IT

It is loud, super loud.

Like a motogp bike, no ****.

Deep at idle and screams through the power band.

I will have pics up soon

·
Registered
146 Posts
Pulling the stock exhaust off was pretty simple, just watch your hands on the heat shield. (Ran under my thumb nail)
Damn you, now I'll be imagining the pain all day. Did it hurt much?

I'll be waiting to hear your slip-on once you have your vid posted. I have the Two Bros slip-on, and when you say your slip-on has a deeper sound, you have sparked my interest in your slip-on.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's awesome man.
At idle its real deep, when cruise its deep but loud..
When you white knuckle her, it's like a screaming motogp bike.

I love it.
Got pulled over today, officer thought I was running a straight pipe..
"No sir, It's a new can, so, It really isn't loud yet."

Haha, Gotta love it

Video will be up in a few days.. Rain for the next 3 days :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts