Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my GF has a 02 f4i and she let me hop on it today. i can NOT believe how rediculously easy these bikes are to wheelie. it was like the first thing i tried. and it came right up almost to bp sitting donw, but i let it down softly. then unfolded the rear peg and was ready for war. brought it up and stood up. and found BP almost instantly. rocked it for a lil bit. i just couldnt get over how stable and easy it felt. compared to my RR it was childs play...what makes this bike so damn easy to wheelie and balance?!

·
Registered
173 Posts
my 99 900rr was the same way it was way too easy to wheelie and balance it for long distances. If I had to guess I would say weight placement on the bike its self ie more weight towards the rear. I am just guessin here.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The engine placenment in the f4i like the 900 RR is built in the center of the frame. The 600RR motor is down lower toward the front of the frame for tighter steering geometry.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Lets not forget how drastically different the seating position is too. Your almost sitting upright ont he F4i compared to the RR

·
Registered
886 Posts
yeah, but just watch an f4i guy when he hops on an rr...frustration!

·
Registered
965 Posts
recus said:
I think you got more torque on the F4i. My friend has an F3 and it just spins when you roll the throtle and force it down. My RR won't do either.
all design my dear watson. RR is lighter and designed to get the power to the ground.

·
Registered
109 Posts
RedFireRR said:
all design my dear watson. RR is lighter and designed to get the power to the ground.
Aie. My 04 RR just died, so I'm thinking of getting an F4i. But there are not so many of them in this country. Maybe got to import from the US :)

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
recus said:
Aie. My 04 RR just died, so I'm thinking of getting an F4i. But there are not so many of them in this country. Maybe got to import from the US :)
Recus..Where you at? Is it dee pillepines? ;) You guys got some tracks down there right? I remember checking it out on the internet cause my church was planning a mission trip or something..Is importing bikes pretty expensive?

P.S> my bad if you're not from the philippines

·
Registered
372 Posts
sproket13 said:
my GF has a 02 f4i and she let me hop on it today. i can NOT believe how rediculously easy these bikes are to wheelie. it was like the first thing i tried. and it came right up almost to bp sitting donw, but i let it down softly. then unfolded the rear peg and was ready for war. brought it up and stood up. and found BP almost instantly. rocked it for a lil bit. i just couldnt get over how stable and easy it felt. compared to my RR it was childs play...what makes this bike so damn easy to wheelie and balance?!
Yep...the F4i is easy to wheelie. I put a -1 sprocket in front and that just gives it more torque off the line. Capable of pulling wheelies even easier. I love my F4i. I wouldn't mind an RR as my next bike tho'...but that Duc 749 Dark is in my sights...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i did notice it was quite a dog in the turns tho. its nimbleness is a couple good notches below the RR. wouldnt weave like i wanted it to. but it was def fun as a stunt bike...but now i understand when people say the RR feels like it "falls" into turns...hehehe

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
recus said:
The bad is yours. You have two more tries.
Haha, I feel dumb! Thought I had it pinned! lol...SOrry man...I've got no clue now since the guy below guessed Ireland and Scottland...

I'm from Hawaii so when I hear Aie..I'm thinkin Aie suess manong..

·
Registered
372 Posts
sproket13 said:
i did notice it was quite a dog in the turns tho. its nimbleness is a couple good notches below the RR. wouldnt weave like i wanted it to. but it was def fun as a stunt bike...but now i understand when people say the RR feels like it "falls" into turns...hehehe
Well of course it is...the RR is the most advanced of the 600-series bikes Honda has to offer. If it were worse in handling than the F4i, it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have an F4i and RR line. They would be one and the same.

If you remember when the F2 came out, Honda marketed it as a "sport tourer" replete with bags for long distance riding. In 01, Honda made a serious effort to catch up with Suzuki's GSXR 600s and marketed the F4i as a supersport bike. In the passage of time (present), the CBR line has been split, so to say, into a sport tourer (F4i) and supersport bike (RR). I'm sure that in the near future, the next generation of RRs will make today's version seem like dogs in the turns too.

Until then, appreciate both bikes for what Honda brings to the table; comfort (F4i) and racing (RR).

Cheers!

~Stephanie

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.