Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walked into my local dealer today and they had a 1000RR on the floor that a guy lost his financing on.

Boy that bike looks twice as nice on the dealer floor as is does in pictures. And what surprised me was that it comes stock with Pirelli Diablo Corsas! Damn...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SRADman said:
trade yours in on it....
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Never selling the 600. The 1000 may be mine next year....

·
Registered
812 Posts
Don't they look pretty much the same? Same riding position? Controls?

I can't imagine going faster then I do on the 600 so what's the point.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BackStreet said:
Don't they look pretty much the same? Same riding position? Controls?

I can't imagine going faster then I do on the 600 so what's the point.
Torque is the point. You can change all the sprocket sizes you want, but you will never have the kind of torque the 1000RR will give you.

And as far as the controls go:

- hydraulic clutch
- HESD (huge plus)
- radial calipers

·
Registered
544 Posts
i like how it feels so incredibly light, even thought its like 430 dry!!!
its a really nice bike in person. in the pics, it sorat lame!!!

Hey i liked the movie Torque!!! a ton better than biker boyzzzzzzzzzz!!!!

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
LtcOliverNorth said:
deathstaRR said:
Hey i liked the movie Torque!!! a ton better than biker boyzzzzzzzzzz!!!!
OMG you did not just say that! :wink:

:lol: what he said

Yeah, our local Honda dealership just got in a red/black 1000RR today, and DAMN GIRL, that ****'s PPPPHHHHAAAATTTTTTT, I'm really thinking about selling the 954 to pick up one...I just need to land my ass a job so I can afford it. But I'm so torn between the red/black and the silver/black...I've seen both in person...but I don't wanna go with the all black...

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
the seatting position on the 1000RR is not the same as the 600RR the 1000 RRyou sit like you are in the bike lower seating position almost like the F2/F3/F4 but the 600RR you are sitting on top of the bike i was at daytona and checked out the 1000RR the black and red is the best colour combo last sunday in autralia they had world super bike races and a privateer on the 1000 RR smoked some italian ducati ass the guy was awsome even the commentator was saying the hrc top exec will be checking this guy out as far as weight the 1000RR is 464 wet ie with all fluids oil gas etc but the weight is amzingly distributed just like the case with the 600RR liter bikes weight is as follows ZX10 IS 430 WET/GSXR 1000 442 WET / R1 449 WET / 1000RR 464 WET an amzing fact the honda wheels front and back( each wheel seperate ) are 3 pounds lighter than the gsxr wheels and 1 pound lighter than the ZX 10 WHEELS

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
No dude, not at all like the F series bikes...I had an F4i, have been on all the other F bikes, F2 F3 and F4...if I were to compare it...it's a lot like the 954RR seat wise, but the bars are lower and more race like, and the foot pegs are higher...the bike also feels "longer" from the seat back...because I think it is....but I'm not sure. The bike feels like a cross breed between the 600RR and the 954RR.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
i never sat on a 929 or a 954 driven one or owned one i have owned the F2 / F3 / F4 so i compared the 1000RR to the closest thing i felt it matches and that is all there is to it sorry if my comparison was off :bitchslap: lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts