Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home(just got home) from the city. I was on the west side highway around 34th street. I pulled onto a red light and then all these bikes pull along next to me...gixxers..3 600rr's, and so on...I see a cop on the other side of the road at a red light as well. As soon as the light turns green, these guys take off and starts poppin wheelies. I thought the cop would go after them, but he just started at them. WTF?

One guy on a black rr, came right by me...slowed down..and then popped a wheelie right next to me...kinda scared me a bit...it looked cool as hell though. I wish i can do wheelies....:(:(

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
I thought the cop would go after them, but he just started at them. WTF?
First of all, they were daring him so they were not going to stop.
Secondly, had he pursued they could have wrecked and got hurt. Bad attitude to have I know, but the courts did it by placing liability on p/o in pursuits. If a p/o even begins a chase then stops the court says HE is the reason the offender is speeding from the scene and could even be held liable if the chase is terminated immediately when the p/o realizes they are not stopping.

·
Registered
492 Posts
natypes said:
First of all, they were daring him so they were not going to stop.
Secondly, had he pursued they could have wrecked and got hurt. Bad attitude to have I know, but the courts did it by placing liability on p/o in pursuits. If a p/o even begins a chase then stops the court says HE is the reason the offender is speeding from the scene and could even be held liable if the chase is terminated immediately when the p/o realizes they are not stopping.
good to know.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Mattz said:
You may want to look into that further. Part of me just doesn't quite agree with that.
+1 Yea that doesn't sound right at all. But I could be wrong, I honestly don't know. Not only that, but there's just no way one cop is going to nail 10 bikes, or whatever. Learn wheelies, look cool, feel good about yourself, please don't turn into a moron about it there's all ready too many of them out there.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Ok, well, I am a Memphis Police officer and that is how it is here. We can only chase on violent felonies. In Tennessee we, the officers, are held liable.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Not to hijack your thread, but was going to the beach today on 95 north to NH and some jackass is popping wheelies in back to back, slow crawl traffic waiting to get to the toll with out a helmet (his helmet was on the side), My wife and I were driving our S2000 and just stayed a distance from him.

what would have happened if he lost control,

On a 2nd note, we some dude sprawed out on the other side of the highway in NH yesterday; the guys wasn't moving.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HOLY CRAP!!!!!

I did my first wheelie today!! well, not really a wheelie but I got the front up pretty high(for me atleast) today. That was so dang exciting!!!

I was talking to two of my riding buddies about last night and we decided to practice some wheelies in an open parking lot. All three of us went and tried it for the first time.:D:D:D:D gotta keep it safe and thankfully none of us went down.:D

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
****, riding home last night on I-64 in Chesapeake, VA, i'm cruising 70 right lane, right half of the lane, then smoe fool BLOWS by me on the shoulder doing easily 50mph faster than me. scared the piss out of me.

·
Registered
320 Posts
psykotic; make sure to cover the rear breaks, i can not stress how impt this is (hence the reason I have a gixxer now)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't ride a wheelie right now, I let it drop as soon as it gets up. It's really tough doing it "power-up" My freind's with r6's seem to do it easier than me...I guess it's the bike... I shall try the clutch method once I get bigger balls..

And yes, rear brakes and making sure the handle is straight when I lay it down.:D

·
Registered
320 Posts
The power up method feels awkward for me cause its going too fast, but you have to cut the throttle after you get enough speed and then open up the throttle.

clutching feels weird for the first few times, but then it gets really comfortable.

If you look at superstreetbike.com, there is a how-to section :)

ride safe buddy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
not worth it

I agree that wheelies look sweet. I've thought about it but then I go to bikemovies.com and get brought back to reality. BTW I've heard that the 600rr are too difficult to wheelie any how??? Are they, I would think so because of their low end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts