Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This heat is ridiculous. It was almost 100* yesterday here in NC, and the humidity was awful. Today is the same thing. :banghead:

Took the bike out a few minutes ago and it was just too damn hot. My street gear consists off; the new A* Stunt jacket, A* GP Pro gloves, Shoei X11 Elias TC3, jeans and SIDI Vertigos.

I've been itching to ride for the past week or so, but the damn heat keeps me off the bike. Hopefully this heat waves dies down. I've spent too much money on Victory Lanes Karting (indoor gokarts; so fun) and beer for pool pong.

:drunk::drunk:

What do you guys do when it's too damn hot? Still ride?

·
Registered
123 Posts
There's always late night rides. Typically I just suck it up and keep going. Full gear as well. Sweating > rash any day. Try to avoid riding in the city though. Usually it's fine when I'm moving. I'm in KC, so we've got the same weather more or less.

·
Registered
247 Posts
hot here in GA as well still riding geared up sweating through the twisties sat and it was hotter than h3ll

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's always late night rides. Typically I just suck it up and keep going. Full gear as well. Sweating > rash any day. Try to avoid riding in the city though. Usually it's fine when I'm moving. I'm in KC, so we've got the same weather more or less.
Good point on the late night rides; it's usually thunderstorming here though, which sucks.

Oh I agree, that's why I'm either; not riding at all, or riding with full gear and complaining the whole time. :crackup:

This is only my second summer here (first with my bike), so I'm still getting used to the ridiculous weather. I'm from New Hampshire where it's nice dry heat and no humidity. Ah, to have a nice 70* no humidity day. :cruising:

hot here in GA as well still riding geared up sweating through the twisties sat and it was hotter than h3ll
I need to find some people to ride with in NC.

I don't know any of the backgrounds here, so I just either - A) drive around trying to find some, get lost, and just take the highway back or B) just keep riding the same damn roads.

It's pretty boring. :/

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. I'll look into some breathable layers. T-shirts under the leather jacket just isn't cutting it, haha.

I wanted to try out my new 1-piece, but it doesn't look like that will be happening anytime soon; forecast says mid 90's for the rest of the week. :sad:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
We're doing sunrise rides now. Get in a couple hundred miles by 1200.
Going to the track this weekend...not looking forward to wearing my black leathers.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i hate the dam heat aswell i just wait untill the evenings to ride around 8 or so....
Yeah, I'd be doing that if the thunderstorms weren't rolling through around then. :(

We're doing sunrise rides now. Get in a couple hundred miles by 1200.
Going to the track this weekend...not looking forward to wearing my black leathers.
Hm, that's not a bad idea.

Good luck at the track this weekend! :banger:

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Ha bro I'm just below you here in S.C. on the coast... its been heat index of 105 degrees. I seen my temp gauge on the bike rise 230+ so I pulled over in the shade and turn the bike off but kept the fan on the bike peaked at 250 degree I couldnt believe it.:banghead: HOT HOT HOT having a blacked out bike dosent help neither nor does the fact I commute to the city everyday. Just got to suck it up for now. I think I'm gonna park the bike for bout a week. *** Just noticed I have tread showing on my rear tire.:cursin:

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
That's no good. I saw your thread about that. Get a new tire on the rear!

Yeah, it's brutal here in the Carolinas.

Yeah bro I'm going to pic a tire up asap, have to see where I can pinch some money from... Ha gotta pay the bills.

Yo bro how far are you from the S.C. boarder? I thats not too bad of a ride to come up and hit sum twisties with you.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I guess it really depends on how much you want to ride. I was putting off riding yesterday because of weather, but once I was moving, I was SO friggin glad I went out.

and there is a saying, "I'd rather sweat than bleed."

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
This heat is ridiculous. It was almost 100* yesterday here in NC, and the humidity was awful. Today is the same thing. :banghead:

Took the bike out a few minutes ago and it was just too damn hot. My street gear consists off; the new A* Stunt jacket, A* GP Pro gloves, Shoei X11 Elias TC3, jeans and SIDI Vertigos.

I've been itching to ride for the past week or so, but the damn heat keeps me off the bike. Hopefully this heat waves dies down. I've spent too much money on Victory Lanes Karting (indoor gokarts; so fun) and beer for pool pong.

:drunk::drunk:

What do you guys do when it's too damn hot? Still ride?

lol, ALMOST 100 degrees

it was 113 here last wednesday, easy peasy, and yes, geared just like you

·
Registered
380 Posts
I hear ya buddy, Louisiana is ridiculous right now. If your not moving it's miserable. I might have to invest in a camelback this season.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I might have to invest in a camelback this season.
:+1:

Same I'm looking through some sites for one. Seems like its a must have

·
Registered
263 Posts
I guess it really depends on how much you want to ride. I was putting off riding yesterday because of weather, but once I was moving, I was SO friggin glad I went out.

and there is a saying, "I'd rather sweat than bleed."
Well of course we live in San Diego the weather is perfect 75 and sunny. lol I drove down the Coast from Oceanside down past La Jolla. Perfect Day for ride..especially with that nice breeze off the ocean..

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I know how ya feel, here in south GA its 99 today, feels like 105 and its so humid you can barely breathe...I'll take hotter dry heat anyday! I have to drive the truck on hot days, I work in the city so there's no breeze while sitting at stop lights.

·
Registered
502 Posts
+1 for the late night ride. usually fewer cars on the road too.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts