Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its all over....4 1/2 years of busting my hump in the military to get the money...then another 4 years of school, and its all over! Finished up my last paper to hand in at 5am this morning after another late night, and finished my last test this evening. I can't believe its over. Now all I have left is to pick up my diploma on May 11th.

The only thing that sucks now is reality is setting in. My fat internship that I've had for two years that paid well and gave me awesome work experience is coming to an end May 31st. And despite my bosses best efforts to get me a job there, nothing is available. At least I will have good reference. Its going to suck when I have to go get a job at Micky D's after all this hard work, lol. At least I can shoot straight to head fry guy. Free french fry's here I come baby! (Thank god my jeep and 600rr are paid off)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EvilRider said:
"I started out just like you guys - on trash. Now, I'm washing lettuce. Pretty soon I'll be on fries. In a year or two, I'll make assistant manager....and that's when the big bucks start rolling in!"

Fast times at ridgemont high? Am I right? Do I get a prize? ;)

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
congrats man!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RRdvark said:
I've got two finals (next M & W) then I am also done. 14 years of part-time college finally over (BS MET).
Awesome man, congrats. I had a buddy who graduated a few semesters ago who was on the 10 year plan. Better late than never. I just hope something pans out soon in the job dept for me. I actually have someone on here who wants me to give them a call and I haven't had a chance yet. Who knows, maybe it will pan out and I will have a boss who rides. That would be awesome.

·
Registered
996 Posts
crotch_rocket_pilot said:
Awesome man, congrats. I had a buddy who graduated a few semesters ago who was on the 10 year plan. Better late than never. I just hope something pans out soon in the job dept for me. I actually have someone on here who wants me to give them a call and I haven't had a chance yet. Who knows, maybe it will pan out and I will have a boss who rides. That would be awesome.
Congrats to you also (should have mentioned that in my first post). The only good thing about my part-time plan is I've been working the whole time (with tuition reimbursment). Now we'll see if they want to promote me since I'm now bon-a-fide.

Good luck in the job search...

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
crotch_rocket_pilot said:
Fast times at ridgemont high? Am I right? Do I get a prize? ;)

actually you are wrong..
correct answer is "Coming to America" starring Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall..
that line was said by Louis Anderson, scene was the counter at McDowells Restaurant..

"see McD's has the golden arches.... we have the golden archs."

congrats on finishing school though.. good luck with the job!!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
cbrkid11 said:
actually you are wrong..
correct answer is "Coming to America" starring Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall..
that line was said by Louis Anderson, scene was the counter at McDowells Restaurant..

"see McD's has the golden arches.... we have the golden archs."

congrats on finishing school though.. good luck with the job!!
Correctamundo!!!

cbrkid11, you my friend, know your movies. :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats. Thats a big accomplishment. In two saturdays, I'll be taking my last two finals of Grad school, then done college FOR EV ER!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome, I plan on going to grad school too eventually. Its best to have a few years experience in the real world before applying to an MBA program though. To be honest, I am one of those nutty people in the world who likes school. I'll actually miss it in a strange way. I have problems.

What is your Grad/Undergrad in CorleoneRR?

·
Registered
540 Posts
congratz man!!!

i did my last 2.5 yrs part time while workin full time and man that was a PITA... i was soooooo happy to be done... cept about 10 months later when i realized i'd never get another summer vacation ever again... lol...

good work gettin it done, and best luck finding a job in this shitty gwb economy!

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Congratulations! So far I'm on the 6 year plan... School is awful to me, I've already gone back and quit like three or four times.

Your hard work will pay off... :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
congrats dude... yeah great feeling to get through that school stuff. been there done that.. it's hell..but it's all worth it...

btw..happy belated happy b-day schwing-aling.... just noticed you were the last one to reply before me..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts