Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this happened yesterday. bike is an 07. got her in 2012 with almost 20k on the clock. not quite as epic as some other members around here, but still pretty impressive.

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
Congrats, I love seeing bikes tat are ridden. My '06 had 50K at 22 months old, then I sold it.

·
Registered
803 Posts
20k - 60k = 40k under your belt on the bike... That's some good use right there. I just made it past 300 miles today in less than a week since my purchase - I'm definitely looking up to you!

·
Administrator
51,147 Posts
Congrats man she is a keeper

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
great job man! can you tell us about valve adjustments that were done or weren't? Any odd parts go? rad fan, water pump etc...

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@mran556 i replaced my oil pan last year, but that was due to a low side. i also had my fork oil changed and obviously the seals were changed. besides that and regular oil changes, no major work has been done.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
@mran556 i replaced my oil pan last year, but that was due to a low side. i also had my fork oil changed and obviously the seals were changed. besides that and regular oil changes, no major work has been done.
You have never done the valves? Have you checked ever to insure they were in spec? Sorry not sure if you consider that major work.

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
I sold mine with 50,000 miles and had never checked them...but, I don't recommend that. It isn't difficult.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Start checking your valves. You'll need to change out the shims if you have aftermarket exhaust or do track.
Aftermarket exhaust and doing track days have nothing to do with changing out the valve shims. OUT of SPEC is the reason to change valve shims to bring them back into spec. Having said that, lots of track time at higher RPM may in fact accelerate the time span that causes the valves to go out of spec, and certainly should be inspected more often than the normal Honda guidelines, but aftermarket exhaust and track days don't automatically require valve maint.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Congrats, I love seeing bikes tat are ridden. My '06 had 50K at 22 months old, then I sold it.
I bought my 03 about 14 months ago with 30K on it, now has 49900. Do roughly 20K/year. :)

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Aftermarket exhaust and doing track days have nothing to do with changing out the valve shims. OUT of SPEC is the reason to change valve shims to bring them back into spec. Having said that, lots of track time at higher RPM may in fact accelerate the time span that causes the valves to go out of spec, and certainly should be inspected more often than the normal Honda guidelines, but aftermarket exhaust and track days don't automatically require valve maint.
Was trying to keep it short but yes this is the reason.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Awesome dude.... congrats!! That's still waaaayyyy more than a lot of sportbikes will EVER see..... good on you for keeping her going :grin2:

Gonna shoot for hitting 100k?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts