Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just got a 2004 cbr600rr and i look forward to riding it. i recieved it unexpectedly due to some unforeseen but lucky circumstances. i just got my permit and i'm taking the MSF course mid september. In the mean-time my neighbor has been teaching me to ride. it's a great bike and i'm looking forward to being able to take it out in public.

·
Registered
96 Posts
From all of us here, welcome! Use this site as a tool and resource to become a better, safer rider. Take it slow, don't overstep your boundaries and have fun!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
600fan said:
From all of us here, welcome! Use this site as a tool and resource to become a better, safer rider. Take it slow, don't overstep your boundaries and have fun!
thanks 600fan!
i'm signed up for the MSF course in september. does anyone know if i have to have riding experience before i take the class or can i take it as a complete noob? the only thing i can practice on is my cbr and i'm pretty scared of dropping it or goin down before i really know what i'm doin.

·
Registered
551 Posts
MSF=Great beginner course, how i know is because i took it myself as a noob. Learned lots, now riding safely on my 03' RR. Just take it easy....don't rush into things play it safe and cool.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey i am new too, to this site anyway. i have had my 600rr for about a year and a half. love it. have a good time. there are a lot of people on here that definately know what they are talking about. good source of info. later

H

·
0 Posts
welcome to the board.. i am glad to hear that you are enrolled in the MSF course.. that is the best way to start riding.. and and gear...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
heverley said:
hey i am new too, to this site anyway. i have had my 600rr for about a year and a half. love it. have a good time. there are a lot of people on here that definately know what they are talking about. good source of info. later
welcome to the forums also.

·
Registered
575 Posts
welcome and ride safe!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Yeah, its cool to see youre going about it the right way. Having an experienced rider show you the ropes and taking the class is a great way to start. Its impressive to see youre learning how to ride before taking the bike out in public. Far too many people get the bike with no experience, hop on and head out into dangerous situations. Unfortunately, some of them become statistics.
I also took the course and had some experience, but still learned a lot. There were also a few in my class that had never been on a bike and were riding pretty well by the end of the first day.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Welcome, and Just Curious, How do you unexpectedly wind up with an RR.

"i recieved it unexpectedly due to some unforeseen but lucky circumstances."

I wish that would happen with that Repsol KRR I've been drueling on at the shop.
Wouldn't it be great to walk out to the garrage in the morning and, Voilla! The KRR.

Ride safe and if the gear heads haven't mentioned it yet, Wear all of the gear that you can afford, and then some.

Enjoy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts