Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at a loss as to what has happened and I have been searching through past posts for about an hour trying different things as I go. Heres the situation: I washed my bike today, same way I always have, only this time after I dryed it and let it sit for 30 minutes it wouldnt start. I also noticed that my head lights don't come on, my blinkers don't work, the gauges do work, and when I turn the kill switch to the on position the fuel pump does not come on but if I hit the starter button it does turn over. I have checked the fuses under the seat and the ones under the left farring and they are all good and I varifed they are getting power with a test light. Is there some sort of relay for all these that could have gotten wet when washing it and if so where is it located?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has power, I'm pretty sure the batter is not the problem since when I hit the starter button it turns over and sounds normal (not like it is straining or dieing). I havent put a load tester on it though.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
if your battery has enough juice your lights , turn signals should work
& your fuel pump should prime as you stated none of these come on
ie your battery do not have enough juice recharge the battery and give
it a try

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I tested it with a load tester and its fine. I also tried hooking up another motorcycle batter that i know is good and it did not change anything.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
moeman said:
if your battery has enough juice your lights , turn signals should work
& your fuel pump should prime as you stated none of these come on
ie your battery do not have enough juice recharge the battery and give
it a try
thats the thing, the head lights dont come on, the turn signals dont work, the fuel pump does not work, the horn does not work, ... the only thing that works is the gauge cluster and the starter button.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm positive its in neutral.

Here's some more information, all the problems seem to be concerning the front end of the bike. I was looking it over to see what is and isnt working and my rear turn signals, parking light, and brake light work. The front turn signals dont and the turn signal indicaters on the gauges dont activate.

N

·
0 Posts
Shigs said:
I'm positive its in neutral.

Here's some more information, all the problems seem to be concerning the front end of the bike. I was looking it over to see what is and isnt working and my rear turn signals, parking light, and brake light work. The front turn signals dont and the turn signal indicaters on the gauges dont activate.
Oh, then check your connections for the guage and turn signals. If they're not properly connected securely then the bike won't turn on.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nemesis said:
Oh, then check your connections for the guage and turn signals. If they're not properly connected securely then the bike won't turn on.
What is the easiest way to get to that connector?

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
take the black plastic piece that attaches the ram air nostrils together it is underneath the upper and from there reach in and check the cluster plug
another point is the plug is secure take the left side ram air cover and check the dual plugs that are underneath make sure they are secure and are not wet

N

·
0 Posts
They should be just hanging out if you look down to the left of your gauge. Kinda right next to your left ram air duct cowl.

Make sure you wipe away all excessive water and sh!t.

Man, this is why you don't wash your bike. Just use Honda polish!

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
you can wash your biike but not with a hose and a strong stream of water

N

·
0 Posts
moeman said:
you can wash your biike but not with a hose and a strong stream of water
True but I only do if there dry mud or crap all over. But it's easier to use Honda Polish than lugging around the hose, bucket of water, and all that other junk.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well at this point all i can really hope for is that there is something wet that needs to dry out. I have taken the front end off the bike and all the connections are fine. There are just a bunch of things that dont make sense.

1. The blinkers: The rear works, I have power going all the way to the blinkers at the front but they dont work (Greggs blinkers, both sides). The gauge cluster doesnt display that the blinkers are working either.

2. The fuel pump: I cant find a reason that wont turn on either.

3. The Headlights and the running light done come on and the high beam indicator doesnt light up on the display when you flip the switch.

I have checked all the connectors and fuses I could find and still nothing. It was mentioned in here not to spray tons of water on it when washing it with a hose and I dont. I live in Florida and I ride everyday, during the rainy season I do get caught in very heavy rain so I cant see how it can make it through that and not a little water from a hose. Either way though something did get messed up and hopefully it will dry out and work again, if not I hope the warranty will cover this.

N

·
0 Posts
Do you have a mechanic's manual for your bike? How mechanically inclined are you?

It may sound like a stupid question but you'd be surprise how many people can't tell between a blown fuse and which way to turn to loosen a nut.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nemesis said:
Do you have a mechanic's manual for your bike? How mechanically inclined are you?

It may sound like a stupid question but you'd be surprise how many people can't tell between a blown fuse and which way to turn to loosen a nut.
I have the Honda Service Manual for my bike.

I am pretty mechanically inclided. My dad was a auto mechanic for 30+ years so I grew up working on cars. As for bikes, he and i have rebuilt 2 bikes together. As far as telling the difference between a blown fuse and one that isnt, I know the difference and even if I missed one during a visual inspection I have verified them all using a test light.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
is it possible that the bank angle sensor is wet
that is the only thing that would have have such an effect
or the 30 amp fuse under the driver's seat is shot

1 - 20 of 71 Posts