Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have tried everything i could to get the air filter to fot but the top screw is off by like 2mm and wont line up i have checked on the bottem where it clicks into place its where it should be but the 1 screw hole in the middle is about 2mm to far foreward what should i do?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Use the OEM filter.

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
send it back for a refund

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I just installed a K&N filter today and in the instructions it say to loosen the 3 screws holding the brackets at the bottom (only loosen). this will allow you to slip the filter in place and push it back so you can screw in the front screw. You might have to add a little presure to get it in, but its supposed to be a tight fit. when you are done retighten the bottom screws and the filter srews. There should be no reason to send it back, they are all made from a mold and finding irregularities by K&N is few and far between.

·
Registered
206 Posts
When I was installing my K&N it was WAY out!! What i did was just heated the whole thing up with a blow dryer so the plastic became warm and flexible. Once it was warm I was able to make it fit no prob!

Good Luck Man!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts