Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turned my stock '07 into a streetfighter... paintjob comes later!

BEFORE:

PROGRESS:

Kitty was bad!

Tearing things apart

Break fluids

DONE (for now):

Usually my Dad will help out and do a lot of the work on a project, but I wanted to do this myself. I'd say I did about 90% of this by myself. I know it's nothing as fancy or complex as a lot of the other builds out there...
but I'm damn proud of my streetfighter! :rocker:

AND GOOD GOD!! I just put my Hyperflo exhaust on today, and it's LOUD!
Sexy loud.... the best way to describe it was I was riding down a street off the one I live on, and was about 100ft away from this girl riding her scooter by the sidewalk and she heard me and she leaped off her scooter!! and dashed onto somebody's yard thinking something big was going to crush her, even though I was nowhere close to being near her..
I laughed so hard in my helmet for a while after that :crackup:

Hope you guys like it!

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
So what am I missing that's so wonderful here?

You took fenders off and put a single headlight on. Anything else?

Not trying to be a buzz kill, I'm seriously asking.

:drunk:

·
Registered
411 Posts
i dont understand why anyone would want to do this to their bike.

why not just get an old bike if you are gonna have it look like that?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
those pipes look nice...whats the price on those bad boys?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Riding without any wind protection isn't bad at all and I'm 6'4".
I've gone 90mph on the freeway and it was perfectly fine.
Plus it's a lot lighter, taking turns is even more of a breeze now :)

I mean, you can't really push it to the limits (IE 140mph on the freeway), but then again, I don't endanger other peoples' safety like that anyways.

And thanks guys. I appreciate the comments.

I'll definitely post up a vid soon! Maybe even today.. don't want to get the neighbors angry with it screaming at 11rpm... but oh hell, I'll do it!

·
Registered
639 Posts
nice bike :eek:hyeah:

what did you do with all the wiring on the left side? I really like how you cleaned it up, also where did the regulator rectifier get moved to?

I would suggest doing something with the collent lines, the plain black isn't bad cause its simple, but hose clamps aren't exactly attractive.

and loose the gauges, you will miss them for all of a day, then wonder why you ever needed them. also you should try flipping the clip-ons up side down (right clipon on the left, and vice versa) it changes the riding position so its a bit more comfortable around town. Its very comfy and worth trying. :cruising:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice bike :eek:hyeah:

what did you do with all the wiring on the left side? I really like how you cleaned it up, also where did the regulator rectifier get moved to?

I would suggest doing something with the collent lines, the plain black isn't bad cause its simple, but hose clamps aren't exactly attractive.

and loose the gauges, you will miss them for all of a day, then wonder why you ever needed them. also you should try flipping the clip-ons up side down (right clipon on the left, and vice versa) it changes the riding position so its a bit more comfortable around town. Its very comfy and worth trying. :cruising:
Thanks man.

For the most part, I just tucked it either under the gas tank (had some extra room), or took the brackets off and tucked the wires behind the frame. As for the rectifier, I did what "Hooligan" did, just made an aluminum bracket, painted it black, and connected it with a stock bolt to the frame right above the engine on the left.. I think it's shown in one of the pics.

Yeah, I haven't quite figured out what to do with the coolant lines yet, but I'm getting there :)

Gauges, I'm keeping for now, I'd love to get rid of them, but too many LE around here that are nit picky with speed you know?

And I might have to try that out in time, I didn't want to change up my riding style too much, I'd love for some comfort time to time but the already aggressive style is okay for now.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll keep them in mind for sure.

·
Registered
193 Posts
hey, how is the progress going? where did you get those headlights W/ brackets? and how much?

i got myself an old stripped track bike ( cbr f2) that i wanna turn into a streetfighter so it would be street legal and i can get on the canyon and such...

thanx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts