Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I have rode the 2009 ZX6R on the track and it is a hell of a bike, but just didn't feel as good as the RR. I didn't like the feel of the controls everything felt kinda cheap. it doesn't have as much midrange torque either... it is a great bike though

·
Registered
86 Posts
I thought the Z was supposed to have a killer engine and be the best "track" bike..?

I rode a 636 once, whatever year it was, was really comfortable and was considering a newer one but got this CBR for way cheaper.

D

·
0 Posts
The R6 is by far the best track bike bone stock. Though every bike has their own advantages and disadvantages and suits riders in different ways.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I wouldn't trade in my cbr mostly because it makes little sense financially since it's paid off and I would probably end up financing a new bike. However, if I had to get a new bike, the ZX6R would definitely be at the top of that list. I haven't actually had a chance to ride the 09-10 bike, but I like the styling and the Showa BPF definitely sounds trick. Also, Kawasaki definitely sets the standard when it comes to an oem slipper clutch (tried the previous model zx6r)...something that is greatly appreciated after getting bit by the track bug.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I'm a big fan of the new gen zx6r and it may even be my next bike. Only thing that bothers me is Kawasaki reliability. I hear lots of engine problems associated with them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have not ridden an 09/10 yet but I had an 05 and the motor and clutch felt great as far as handling and comfort i love my cbr. I personally prefer the smooth power of the cbr but the zx6r had a powerband the was a blast to ride as well. I do think that honda needs to put a slipper clutch from the factory.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
The 09ZX6R has the smoothest transmission on bikes I have ridden.
My GF has an '09 ZX6R. Shifts smoother than silk. I REALLY like the slipper clutch. It definitely shifts smoother than my '08 600RR.

I didn't like the feel of the controls everything felt kinda cheap. it doesn't have as much midrange torque either...it is a great bike though
Not sure what you mean by this, but everything is quality on this machine.
I don't know the specs on it but I would say the low-mid torque is equal to if not more than the CBR 600RR. If anything, it lags in the upper RPMs, not the lower.
EDIT: GF says it DOES lag in the 8-10K range, but this MAY be because of her STOOPID LOUD M4 GP exhaust slip-on with no fuel management device.

I can't say enough good about both the '09 and up ZX6R and the ZX10R.
These have been the ONLY bike that have made me want to jump ship from Honda. Even oil changes are a breeze. You don't even spill a drop of oil with the side-mounted filter. Wave rotors stock, Huge forks, Ohlins steering damper, slipper clutch, lap timer, projector headlights....all stock. Very thoughtful of Kawasaki.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I was looking at a Kawi ER-6N before I looked at the Honda CBR's. While I never drove the Kawi, it did feel cheap compared to the Honda and the controls on the Kawi were MEH at best. I feel more sure on the Honda just sitting on it in the dealer. Maybe its a mental thing from always hearing that anything Honda is awesome... which is true. lol.

·
Registered
407 Posts
NEVER trader my honda for anything everr,

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I love the suspension on the new 6R. Would I trade my baby for one? Absolutely not. The power just isnt there. If I had the funds the kawi would certainly be my track whore. I LOVE the 05/06 ZX6R though. If anyone wants to give me one, ill take it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts