Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Ive only had experience with the vr-2. I tried on my friends kbc, and it feels great. Personally, I like it over most (but not all) of the ICON helmets. Although, I can admit its not the lightest helmet for the price. I never saw problems with my friends, but most people complain of a bad finish/ paint job on the helmets. The only one ive heard from my friend was that the visor hinges have a easy chance of breaking if your not careful.

Im personally going to buy a Stealth vr2 this week.

But im considering one other helmet in the same price range- but im iffy on reviews. If your interested, take a look at Sparx helmets. I hear they are made by kbc, are lighter, and have a great finish.

^hope that helped.:wave:

G

·
I have one, and the only thing I'm unhappy with was the lack of options for visors and the vents like to come unglued, but clear nail polish takes care of that.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
the scorpions are a lot heavier than the kbc, and the kbc is heavier than my arai. my neck gets really tired after an all day ride with the kbc on. i've got a force rr, for the money i think it's a good helmet.

::actually kbc just redesigned their side plates so it's a lot easier to change the shield and it's less prone to breaking

·
Registered
350 Posts
scratch this week, I ended up ordering it (vr2 stealth) just now :toothy4:. If you dont have one by then, I could give you a more detailed personal opinion.

But, I think Im also going to end up buying a Sparx for fun as well, considering how cheap they are.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had a vr-1 for my first helmet. In my own unplanned crash test, it did a great job of protecting my noggin. It is a decent helmet for the price, but I think it's worthwhile to also look at the other good helmets at that price point to see what you find the most comfortable (Scorpion, HJC etc.)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have 2 KBC's. I primarily ride with the Dark Zombie. The only issue I had with it was wind would come up underneath the helmet and dry out my eyes (I wear contacts). I ended up buying the chin curtain for a Shoei, it fits and I don't have that issue anymore.

I replaced both visors, one with a dark mirror and the other with a light mirror finish.

I also adapted both with the Scala Rider. I like the helmets, I have been riding with the Dark Zombie for over 2 yrs now (it was a limited production run) and the other one I have had for about 4 months.

I will try to get pics of the actual helmet but this is from their site.

Attachments

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
they're pretty standard. i wear the same size in kbc, shoei, arai, and hjc

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you are wanting to save some money KBC is a good way to go, but if you want anything that will hold up--spend the more dough and get something else.

The vents don't like to stay on, the base plates like to break, the rubber seal for the visor isn't always waterproof, the rubber strip along the base of the helmet doesn't like to stay on.

On top of all that, the majority of the KBCs have a basic polycarbonate shell--plastic. It doesnt absorb the force of the impact as well as a composite shell will. One time down, or even a decent drop will crack it leaving it structurally unsound.

But worst of all--some are great, some a crap--its a complete crapshoot as to how long yours will last.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.