Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys my gf just bought me a two brothers slip on exhaust for my birthday. She honestly doesn't know anything about bikes haha and just went down and bought what she thought was nice.
I was thinking about just spending the extra money and exchanging it with an akrapovic. What do u guys think? is it worth it or should i just keep it?

·
Registered
104 Posts
at the sacrifice of offending and pissing off your gf?? stay with the two brothers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i love my two brothers but guess whatever you want your putting it on your bike which i can tell you want the akra so go for it she wont b mad for to long

·
Registered
137 Posts
That is an expensive present! I'd say you should keep it, I like my 2 bros.

What do you think she would feel like if you got a different one?

How about if you bought your GF a nice $400 bracelet, but she had a different bracelet in mind that you didn't know about and she exchanged it for that?

Kinda takes away from the gift if you ask me.

G

·
exchange it... and let me know when she breaks up with you... so i can date her and get nice presents!!! hahahaha jk man, but really i would just keep it..

·
Registered
169 Posts
ive got the two brothers and yes my wife bought it to. Keep it dont make her upset. i love my two brothers nothing but good things about it less weight and more hp+.

·
Registered
615 Posts
As much as I'd rather have the Akra also, in your situation, keep the damn two bros! You won't have to use your hand for a month :cruising:

·
Registered
83 Posts
That is an expensive present! I'd say you should keep it, I like my 2 bros.

What do you think she would feel like if you got a different one?

How about if you bought your GF a nice $400 bracelet, but she had a different bracelet in mind that you didn't know about and she exchanged it for that?

Kinda takes away from the gift if you ask me.

If I'm dumping that much cash on a gift for my girl (which I have done), I want it to be the right one. If she wants to take it and swap it for the one she wants I'm all for it. I'd rather her be honest about it.

Tell her thank you and explain it. If she's level headed, she will understand.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I say Stay with the two bros.. I have an Akra and love it, it is definitly way better then the two bros IMO... but with that said, two bros isn't bad and actually sound great, and your GF was making such a nice gesture by trying to buy you something you would love.. I say keep dude

·
Registered
142 Posts
Like most everyone has said, stay with the 2 bro's. Your not going to get any real difference out of echanging it. Unless you got the Akra full system and PC3. Youll at least get a good sound out of the 2 bro's.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If I'm dumping that much cash on a gift for my girl (which I have done), I want it to be the right one. If she wants to take it and swap it for the one she wants I'm all for it. I'd rather her be honest about it.

Tell her thank you and explain it. If she's level headed, she will understand.

Eh... I understand your viewpoint. If I am buying my girlfriend something nice like that, I do research beforehand and make sure it is something she will want. The meaningfulness of a gift though is lost when you go exchange it. She might as well just give ya cash n tell you to spend it.

If the girl found out you would have rather had the Akra, she would probably encourage you to get the Akra instead and say she really didn't care.

Does anyone else think this thread is just a little petty? lol. If you do decide to go Akra, def show your gf this thread lmao. She will probably get a good laugh.

·
Registered
589 Posts
What you got to ask yourself is. Were you already going to buy the Akra? Could you afford the Akra? If you can't afford the Akrapovic in the first place, then why complain? I got me a two brothers titanium from a member here and I think the sound is great, it sounds better than my friends slip ons in my opinion. After all, since I am NEVER going to spend 600-700 dollars on a slip on, I am pretty happy with my two bros, which I got from a member here cheap ($275 for flawless titanium). You practically got a FREE slip on.. geez.

You girlfriend didn't even have to give you that... she probably did because she heard you wanted one. Sport the slip on for a while until you can save up for a full system.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Exchange it and she will never know. I love the look of the Akra.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone i've decide to stick with it. Haha I'm just happy she got me an exhaust especially since she hates the fact that I even ride. Haha

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I don't know why people on here always trash two brothers. They are high quality and made in the USA. I got mine cause i think it looks and sounds the best, but everyone has their own wants. So what it would come down to is if every time you look at your bike you wish you had an akra on there. If you would then i would "upgrade", but i think you will be more than happy with the two bros...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts