Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,

Let me know what you guys would've done. Me and three other riders were out this afternoon and on our way back, being new to riding, they were going way to fast for me to even try to keep up. There must be at least a quarter mile at minimum between me and the other three when they flew past a squad car on the county highway (double yellow lines). Since I was a ways back, I saw the squad car making the U-turn and started the chase. The others pulled over and...

If you were me, what would you have done (remember I don't think the cop saw me)?

A) Stop short of the scene and wait until the cop leaves
B) Keep going and pull in with the other three
C) Keep going as if I was not part of the group

Though I went with option C, I thought about all three options while I was heading towards the cop car. In the end, no one was issued a ticket, cool cop dude.

·
Registered
278 Posts
why not stop, you didn't do anything at all. they are your friends after all. Cop would ask you for a valid DL and registration probably. prepare yourself for for nasty comments BTW, he he he he

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Fvk that great choice option c for damn sure I got a ticket 2nd week after buying my bike did nothing wrong just guilty by association and I had the opportunity to keep going but they were my friends so I hung with them never again cop was a **** though

·
Registered
475 Posts
I've been in this situation, right after i started riding. I didnt stop, i didnt try to run or anything. I was with a group of about 12 of us, i was far enough behind everyone to see the cop come out a side road to chase them, one kid pulled over, the rest took off.

I was going about the speed limit and just went about my own, if he had signaled for me to pull over i would have, but he didnt so i didnt. Why would You/I pull into something unless told to when you may recieve a ticket just for being with them if the cop decides to. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION though and what i would have done.

Now if i was in the immediate group yes i would pull over, but being seperated like that, i did as stated.

As replied to, I would never just pull into something to assoicate myself with it unless i am told to, personally i can think of soem mods to do instead of paying the 5-0.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I used to go on 'cruises' with my LS1/Camaro/Corvette buddies and we had an unspoken rule that if the cop if after you, you're on your own. They can't pull you all over at once. I'm not suggesting running from the police, but you will know who they are trying to pull over. We always had rendezvous points though so we would go there and wait for the guys that got stopped.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Never pull into the middle of the group that's already pulled over. The cop is already going to be uneasy about being outnumbered by 1.

In your exact situation, I'd go a few hundred yards down the road and pull over.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
In your exact situation, I'd go a few hundred yards down the road and pull over.

:+1:........ or got off at the next exit and text to others my location.

·
Jack Daniels is my bff
1,985 Posts
I would of stopped before where they were pulled over and wait or go to next exit pull off and wait. Pulling over with them after the fact would be stupid and just cause more unnecessary trouble for yourself.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
I think it would depend on how much sh!t I thought they were in, if they got pulled over doing some insane speed then option C for sure, if its just some random licence / rego / RBT thing then go past and stop 100 meters or so after them, far enough for the cop to know you don't want to interfere but close enough that he knows your together.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
go to next area and wait for them...you stop with your buddies the cop will assume you are doing the exact same thing...or at least will scope over your bike and look for an easy ticket just because you stopped doesnt mean you will help the situation. Option C
now say if your buddy crashes...stop, doesnt matter what you were doing before...

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Yeah, I would have kept on my merry way, watching the cop the whole time, and if he wasnt looking at me, I would have flipped off my friends, lol....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts