• dual purpose

Votes: 22 66.7%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Since I've fawked my fairings up again. I got two options. Make it strictly track or keep it for the street and track. help me decide. With either option I will be shipping it back to the states to my parents house to keep it in their garage until I'm back to the states for duty. help me decide

·
Registered
129 Posts
2 bikes is always the way to go, but some people can barely afford 1 bike.

If you make it track only your going to kick yourself when you want to take it out on the street.

I guess it really comes down to how often do you have it on the street and how often do you have it on the track.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
How much fun can you have on the street without breaking the law? I asked myself that and thats how my 08 got turned to track only. Gonna build a stunt bike next year tho so i can ride a little on the streets and have fun in lots.

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i'm going to probably get another bike when i get back to the states.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Sharkskinz street upper and track bodywork. Best of both worlds and only one bike to maintain

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i was thinking that option just buy track fairings plus the upper and front i need from where i knocked my bike over

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
2 bikes is always the way to go, but some people can barely afford 1 bike.

If you make it track only your going to kick yourself when you want to take it out on the street.

I guess it really comes down to how often do you have it on the street and how often do you have it on the track.
Good points. Altho it would be nice to have one for the street and one for the track, its not always affordable for everyone. I still ride the street quite frequently but hit the track every couple of months. A good compromise is to keep it streetable while having extra parts for the track. Buy some cheap trackplastics and good tracktires for when you hit the track, then have a second set of street plastics you can slap on when u feel the need to ride around the streets.

·
Registered
236 Posts
track it and pick up a cheap bike to ride on the street.

·
Registered
372 Posts
i'm makin mine as much track as i can but barely street legal still.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts