Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious..If my bike is repaired and it has all new bodywork,can I ask the dealer to let me keep the old bodywork? I wouldn't mind keeping the Tank cover/Front Fender/Tail Section so I can clean them up a little and maybe someone would be interested in buying them to repaint for their own bike.What do you guys think? It's not like I get discounted parts or labour for letting them keep the stuff,so realistically it should be mine to do what i want with.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I would ask. We asked and got the bodywork back when my husband wrecked his TLR. Chances are if you don't some guy that works in the shop is gonna take them and sell them on eBay or something.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok I'll call them right now.It went in there a couple days ago so chances are one of those little ******ers took all of it.Thanks guys.

*EDIT* OK just called my dude at the dealer and he said as long as the bike isn't a write-off and we replace those parts,they're all mine,which is great because they're only badly scuffed and not cracked.Might keep em as spares or possibly sell them on here in the near future.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I was sitting here and got thinking those parts I mentioned are in mint shape,other than alot of scratches,so if it wasn't going to benefit me any by giving the stuff to them,I damn well want them back!lol Another guy I know who crashed his 03 had his stuff taken by a guy at the same shop without any mention of it.He came in and asked and the stuff was already gonzo!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
RHINO-RR said:
Ok I'll call them right now.It went in there a couple days ago so chances are one of those little ******ers took all of it.Thanks guys.

*EDIT* OK just called my dude at the dealer and he said as long as the bike isn't a write-off and we replace those parts,they're all mine,which is great because they're only badly scuffed and not cracked.Might keep em as spares or possibly sell them on here in the near future.
if you're gonna sell them PM me, I need body work and don't care about rash as long as its repairable - gimme a good price and I'll take em.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts