Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard anything about this school or has anyone actually been to it? If so how is it? I've heard alot of good things about it but don't know anyone that has actually been to it. Most of what I hear about it is from second hand sources. Seems pretty expensive. I know alot of people recommend the books he writes but what about the school?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've only heard good things about it. You will leave a better rider than when you showed up. And that's the point of school. I've heard from guys who been riding for 15 years that they learned stuff while in there. It is expensive, but it's not just a track day. If I could swing it, I'd be there. But it's too much $$$ for me. :(

·
Registered
356 Posts
I took a 1 day course from Keith before you guys were born, so I don't know what the current course is like but, I learned a TON. There was good basic information and then they put you on the track on their bike. The synergy was amazing in that you're mentally prepared to try stuff that you wouldn't on your own bike, and, hey presto! the stuff you learned from reading the book (in those days you were expected to have read the book before you showed up for the morning class session) actually works!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
overdraft,

it seems as if the school is set up much the same way today as what you had described. I may consider this in a year or two. I gotta save up the $$, that school is expensive.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Dan

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
The tools he has setup at his disposal are unmatched. I have not been to it "yet" but it is in my plans. I did a lot of research to find out more about it and all reviews are positive. I would like to do they two day boot camp thing but it is expensive. Sounds like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've been to his 2day school and I though it was outstanding. The instructor to student ratio is approx 1:2 so you have a guy watching you all the time. My learning curve was almost vertical. I really recommend it, especially if you are planning to do track days/ race.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
My 1st time on the track was with CSS. I did a two day school. It is expensive, it was the best money I could have spent. I knew much of what was discussed in the classroom before handm, but it was a great enviroment to practice and have instructors help. I highly recommend their school for the beginner ....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Friend of mine did the CSS at Barber... Loved it, nothing but good things to say about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts