Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm looking around for prices on 07 600cbr's, planning to buy in July. And i'm wondering if the KBB is $6400 on an 07 with 5000 miles roughly. How much would you be expecting to pay in relation to that number? Taking into account no damage or mods added. Also if you'd like to make scenarios with mileage and how much that would take off on price that'd be cool. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
i just got my 07 last weekend and i bought it for 5700 private party it has 7300 miles on it needs tires but its got a few mods that r not cheap aka HRC exhaust.... galfer brake lines...and a couple more smaller things

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn thats a good deal! Every shop that sells used bikes has them for the 6300-6800 range. Idk if its me being in so cal makes any difference. Or is this just shops trying to make top dollar for bikes?

·
Registered
145 Posts
i bought my 07 cbr600 for 5500$ w/ 6400 miles from a private seller just 2 weeks ago, and i live in socal. got few mods on it; exhaust, flush mounts, tail light, rear seat cowl, new tires. It did have a minor scratch to the lower right fairing. I wouldnt have paid anywhere in the $6K thats for sure. You just have to be patient and look around, b/c there is bound to be someone willing to sell it.

-A

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thats true, I've been looking at places like Moutain Sports in Ontario and Berts Mega Mall, because I was figuring its more of a safe bet buying from a dealer as opposed to a private seller. But those prices are way better than what I've been seeing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yea you should definitely expect to pay less private party. It's not necessarily that dealerships are ripping you off, but they have a lot of overhead to cover and need to charge more to get a profit. If the convenience and security of buying from a dealer is worth the price increase then you will likely be paying very close to blue blook. If I recall correctly, the blue book recommended price is the recommended "starting point for negotiation" at a dealership, meaning that a private party person should theoretically not be charging full blue book. However, blue book is not always very accurate with factoring in supply, demand, and local price adjustments. Long story short, I prefer to find an honest private party seller and talk them down below blue book.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very well spoken replies, I appreciate the input. I will definately look deeper into the private seller market. Is there any particular place you go to find a nice list of sellers? I've seen some sights but many have very old adds and not many listings.

·
Registered
341 Posts
i bought my 07 cbr600 for 5500$ w/ 6400 miles from a private seller just 2 weeks ago, and i live in socal. got few mods on it; exhaust, flush mounts, tail light, rear seat cowl, new tires. It did have a minor scratch to the lower right fairing. I wouldnt have paid anywhere in the $6K thats for sure. You just have to be patient and look around, b/c there is bound to be someone willing to sell it.

-A
:retard:i payed 7899 and taxes for my 06 last year from a shop, has two bros exaust and intgraded tail lights and FE kit and flushmounts but thats it:banghead:
however i do live in Newfoundland, nothing is cheap here..

·
Registered
145 Posts
Craigslist and Ebay are the best places to find private sellers. Post a wanted ad on craigslist and also check all surrounding areas on a daily basis, as good deals tend to go fast.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah thats true, its just painful right now because I won't have the money for gear and the bike until July so thats why I must wait. So right now i'm just window shopping. But I will begin to look around and see what deals are out there.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Craigslist and Ebay are the best places to find private sellers. Post a wanted ad on craigslist and also check all surrounding areas on a daily basis, as good deals tend to go fast.
:+1: to what Empty said. I found my bike on craigslist, i checked from San Fran, to San Diego. for at least 3 mos. before i ended up finding the right one, with the right color :) hope you find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i bough my 08 in December 2009 for 5900 it had about 6500 on it. the bike had a new rear tire, rs5 carbon slipon, frame sliders, swingarm spools, and flush mounts. i brought it from a dealer, its real clean never touched the floor

·
Registered
90 Posts
Was looking for a while and eventually found my white 07 for 5k with 11k miles last october. Was clean and had rs5 carbon slip on, flushmounts and fender eliminator. It did need new tires though. Just keep looking and you should a good deal eventually.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts