Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to those of you from the great state of KY. my family and i are thinking about relocating. any of you from ky, or know a lot about ky, please feel free to rant. ups, downs, good places, bad places, scenery, employment, colleges, grade schools, etc. we're planning on driving down there and checking it out, but anyone thats from there and have things to say would be great. i have a wife and 2 kids and we would be moving from central illinois. thanks to all. p.s.- i will post this in the midwest section too, but last time i posted there not too many people looked at it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
to those of you from the great state of KY. my family and i are thinking about relocating. any of you from ky, or know a lot about ky, please feel free to rant. ups, downs, good places, bad places, scenery, employment, colleges, grade schools, pictures, etc. we're planning on driving down there and checking it out, but anyone thats from there and have things to say would be great. i have a wife and 2 kids and we would be moving from central illinois. thanks to all.

·
Team Green recrueting machine
614 Posts
Im actually moving to kentucky in dec/january. Where about in Ky are you moving to?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
It all depends on where you live, I live in the far western part, not a whole lot to do we usually have to go elsewhere to do stuff. The cost of living where I live is low as hell tho. The schools are pretty good, we have a community college and one university in the area, the bigger colleges are in the eastern part of the state. Employment, all depends on what you are looking for.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
When I think about KY, All I remember is the smell of gun powder and a sound of artility dropping on a ground. Worse weather but great memories. fort knox kentucky united states army.

Ps: the girls in the strip clubs were amazing.. can't compare with the maryland dirty whores.. teehee

·
614 Posts
Gonna be moving to louisville soon.. cant freaken wait.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Lexington is an amazing place to live: good schools, 3 small colleges 2 univ., almost everything you want from a big city but the people are more down-to-earth, snow bunnies : ) .

I lived a couple years in south Eastern Ky, small towns and very boring....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dont know for sure where we would live, or even if we will be moving there. just a consideration. the company my wife works for has places there, so she could "transfer" and i could continue my education. we talked about checking out frankfort. medium size town, not too big, not too far from big city. is it straight/flat there like it is here? ive heard people are more considerate. any truth to that? what about kentucky state? any good? i dunno exactly what im looking for. we're just discussing, and pretty soon we're gonna take a drive and check some of it out. just looking for opinions, pictures, facts, blah, blah, blah.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmmmm.......thats it huh? im thinking either not too many people from kentucky, dont want to talk about it, or people dont visit this thread (which is pretty likely, and why i posted it in the general section also where it got moved. oh well, like i said, we're gonna drive down there and spend a weekend sometime soon, probably around frankfort. if anyone has any pics, tips, blah blah blah, ill try to dig and find this thread at the end of my posts. so please feel free.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I can't really comment on anything but Northern Kentucky but I have been here all my life and I love it. The cost of living here is excellent. The school system is highly rated and we are close to UC, UK, XU and IU and lots of smaller colleges. Across the river from Cincinnati which has the Great American Ball Park (Reds) and Paul Brown Stadium (Bengals). WEBN fireworks every year...which are great by the way. Northern Kentucky is great because being next to a Mid size city with always something going on but not being to close at the same time. I can go south a few miles and be in the country and north a few miles and there's the city. Lots of good restaurants, King's Island amusement park, few horse tracks, Kentucky Speedway, and a few water parks. I am just rambling but it's only because I am writing things as I think of them.

The roads around here are great for riding. Lots of twisties and straight shots. Mid Ohio is only 2 1/2 hours away. Fun time there every year. Indiana is also just a few miles away with their gambling boats.

I'll stop there...if you have any specific questions let me know and I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge. Living in Northern KY and commuting to lexington (hour), Louisville (hour and 15) and even Frankfurt (hour and 25 or so) isn't too bad.

I am sure there are some places in Kentucky that own up to the inbreed hill jack stereo type but for the most part Kentucky isn't any different socially than any other place. I love KY because we have a little bit of everything here...except the ocean...but that's what vacations are for. Also, the weather here is nice if you like a taste of all 4 seasons.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sounds nice. i think if we do move, i probably wont be done with school yet, so thats kind of a big deal (music education). otherwise, i just didnt know what to expect at all. i love the ocean, but all of our family is in illinois and that was tough when we lived in california. kentucky is not too far away to scoot back for the weekend and its only about 500mi. to charleston, sc. so it seems to be kind of the inbetween that we're looking for. ive heard that the countryside there is really nice.

·
614 Posts
I just signed my least last week in louisville. Cant wait..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
turns out im going to be here in illinois for a bit longer after all. im going to finish school here and save on a lot of extra stress. its definately an option for later. maybe move there and go to grad school. we went camping near lexington earlier this year and it was beautiful.

·
Registered
176 Posts
luv2ride said:
It all depends on where you live, I live in the far western part, not a whole lot to do we usually have to go elsewhere to do stuff. The cost of living where I live is low as hell tho. The schools are pretty good, we have a community college and one university in the area, the bigger colleges are in the eastern part of the state. Employment, all depends on what you are looking for.

I am from Western Kentucky as well. It is a great area!! Of course I have lived here all of my life so it can get old (run out of stuff to do) but i still enjoy living here. We have LBL, which is pretty famous, plenty of scenery and good education. Murray State University is here (i graduated from there) and some community colleges. If you moved here I don't think you would be disappointed.

Brent

·
614 Posts
3 more weeks!! and im there!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I lived in Louisville for 8 years for college and work. Great city, lots to do and low cost housing. If work didn't relocate me to LA i would still be there. Lots of cool area's to live. Great college sports town, Go CARDS!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts