Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i've had some trouble with opening my rear seat. I try turning the key and it wont open, the harder i go the key starts to bend and usually i end up opening the seat. But today i turned it too hard and the key snapped off. I had to go get my spare and drive it home and took some tweezers and got what's left in the key out. anyone know why it's so difficult to open the rear seat? i'll put some pics up but any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
What do you have under the seat? If you overfill it, it is very hard to open.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
^ + 10000000 push down on the seat as your turning the key, should pop open every time

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I have is my manual, and my registration/insurance in a ziplock bag. Thats it. I will push it down everytime.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i only have that issue when i lock my helmet on the side under the seat as the chin strap/button gets in the way and makes the rear seat bind a bit. so i actually have to push down while i lock it into place. to open when getting out my helmet i simply make a fist and tap (tap that ass) it on the top while turning the key and opens right up.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
All I have is my manual, and my registration/insurance in a ziplock bag. Thats it. I will push it down everytime.
I bet the plastic bits on the underside of the seat itself aren't arranged right and it's rubbing against the mating portion on the bike. You should not have to force it in any way. Worse case scenario, buy a pass. seat off the forums for like 10 bucks.

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
The alighment on the latch bracket mounted to the Subframe may be off.. loosen the 4 bolts holding it down, slide it around and see if it makes it easier to pop it..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pushing down makes an unreal difference. It pops up everytime. Thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts