Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, quick question. my key snapped off in the gas lock. i got it out, no prob. my question is, what do i need to take to the dealership so they can order(?) me a new one from honda? and can they do it for a 2004 bike?

thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
you need that little metal key tag that has a number on it for the key code. i got lucky with mine and the previous owner kept it. the dealer might be able to look it up

if not you will just have to get a key made which runs about 40 bucks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i believe your key has a number to it, prolly on the key or it may say on the ignition and they need to know that

·
Banned
1,086 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i got a copy of it before it snapped, there was a small crack in the key so i got the copy just to be on the safe side and thank goodness for that! but i really wanted to get a honda key and i dont have the little tag thing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
yeah if you dont have the tag thing you might be out of luck.

you might try taking it to the dealer and seeing if they have blank honda keys that you could have your key copied onto since you had a copy made.

thats really all i can think of

·
Registered
325 Posts
Look under the passenger seat. There may be a sticker with the paint code and key code

Edit: Sorry, I checked my bike and only the paint code is on the sticker. Check your owners manual, maybe someone was nice enough to record the key code there

·
Registered
263 Posts
happened to me once but it was the passenger seat lock it broke into. was stuck and my spare was at the house. it was ok tho cuz i wound up takin a cab with about 3 chicks in it and they were all like " you have a motorcycle!!!?"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts