Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at blanks on ebay and they have OEM blanks and I asked them if they would work with my bike and he asked me if I knew what type I have, type 1 or 2. I said I wasnt sure and he said to let him know the letters and numbers stamped on it but there are none... its an 09, help please

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
contact a dealer man.. there cheap too well in my experiene but i make em price match honda east toledo

·
Registered
334 Posts
I bought some of those colored ones from China for $2.50...work great!

I have an '07 so they would work for your bike too.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies, called a locksmith about cutting them and he said they have them 3$ a key whether they are instock or just need to be ordered and that includes cutting , now how do I know if it has a chip in it!

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
If it needs a chip it would say "HISS" near the ignition, however AFAIK no US bikes have HISS.

I ordered a spare blank HISS key for my 03 on eBay and just programmed it off of original key, worked a treat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also ordered the cheap knockoff keys off eBay. I think it was $5 for 2 keys and had them cut at my local locksmith. They don't fit as nicely as my oem key but it does work. The locksmith says the ebay key is slightly thicker, he said it'll get better over time as the key wears down. It's been a month and it does slide in better but i have to do a little jiggle/wiggle to get the key in.

If i had to do it again I'd check the prices for an oem blank and maybe purchased one if it wasn't too much more.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A locksmith here in town called me and says itd be 5 bucks, not bad and a place about a half hour away says its be 3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts