Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've been looking through the forums, but no luck. so i was riding all day everything was fine. so i returned home. the kickstand didn't go all the way down, and i almost dropped it. however i caught it before any damage was done. i went inside, and didn't think a thing of it. so i went inside and saw my third eye i ordered come in. so since it was easy to put in, i thought i'd put it in right away. i installed it and went to turn on the lights, but the key wouldn't turn to the ignition. i thought the key might be bent from the fall, but i was able to turn it in the gas tank and the back passenger seat. i have no extra key to try out. thought about making a copy. i did a quick search and all i could find was try and use wd 40, white lithium or grease. i bought grease but no such luch. still will not turn. HELP! plz and thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
u mean key wont turn????? at first i thought it wont start and it could be the tip over sensor. u might have messed it up when u were installing the third eye.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Do a search on BAS sensor or Bank Angle Sensor. It sounds as if, between the near tipover and the 3rd eye swap, you may have tripped it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Did you guys even read his post, he didn't say it wouldn't start he said he could turn the ignition switch, How did you catch it when it fell? you might have messed up a tumbler in the ignition, also try wiggling it while moving the key up and down slightly because my old RR did that good luck bro

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, i did get it working. fiddled with the BAS a little and the key was able to turn in the ignition.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm not sure either, from all the threads i've read the BAS would only prevent you from cranking the bike. My problem was not being able to turn the key in the ignition. but after i fiddled with the BAS, i was able to turn the key...i don't know

·
Registered
419 Posts
This might be stupid, do u think maybe something is loose and the steering column somehow got locked? Wonder if thats possible.

·
Registered
135 Posts
knowing general mechanics the BAS and the key finally turning are NOT RELATED. prob just a coincidence. Maybe when you moved you handle bars it allowed the steering lock to disengage. mine has a point where it doesn't like to turn sometimes but you just have the jiggle the bars a little.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts