Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bike was vandalized and i need to replace the ignition switch i was wonder if anyone know that if i order the whole assembly part number 35010-MEE-A00 LOCK SET if the keys it comes with will work to start the bike? thank you!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Best bet is ebay. That key is the same for the gas tank and rear seat/storage. You can get all 3 for about $40. That setup from the dealer is going to be close to$400.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this set for honda OEM is 250 shipped to me with all parts gas cap rear seat and all, but i have heard the ebay ones make your bike throw a code and it wont start cause the key is not ecu bound

·
Registered
940 Posts
Did not know that about the ECU. Thought that would only apply to bikes with the HISS system that they don't sell in the US. Unless you are HISS equipped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not sure if it is. but i took your advice and went with a ebay one. i guess even if it does not work i didnt blow 300$ so now i can only hope should be here in 7-14 days. now i get to play the waiting game

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I just bought a key off eBay for $12 has the transponder in it for HISS. I've seen a post about programming it to the ECU (I still have original key), just making one for a spare.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just bought a key off eBay for $12 has the transponder in it for HISS. I've seen a post about programming it to the ECU (I still have original key), just making one for a spare.
Can you post link of the key and the post of programming the key?

Sent using Nokia 3310 Motorcycle free app

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Can you post link of the key and the post of programming the key?

I just searched eBay for "Honda key hiss". Thread is somewhere here about reprogramming. On my phone ATM, sorry.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just searched eBay for "Honda key hiss". Thread is somewhere here about reprogramming. On my phone ATM, sorry.
I found some hiss key for 30$ or so, but thread for programming I was searching for and couldn't find for 600RR07, only for F4 as I can remember

1 - 11 of 11 Posts