Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 07 cbr and when it is cold almost every time i down shift from second to first it will kick backup out of gear and kind of make like a grinding noise any ideas clutch is pulled in all the way and not going to fast about 10-15 mph so i dont know what it could be the bike has 1700 miles on it and it is about 6 mos old what could be the prob ???????????

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Try rev matching by blipping the throttle while down shifting.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
if it is doing it when it is cold then let her warm up a bit more...

and stand on the lever!!.. first has to go thru neutral, so pnch it in there!! the grinding noise is not good... in any shift

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i i have let it warm up for about 5-10-mins and sometimes it will still do it it kicks back and then does the grind i took it up to champion honda where i bought it from and obviously since it is about 25 mins away it wount do it for them but i think i am just going to leave it up there one day and have them see whats up in the morning you know. should i have them drain and check the trans for shavings or what ????

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Sometimes if you are in neutral (not that you should be riding in neutral) and try to go down to first or back up to second it will make a bit more noise but it happens. Let us know if the rev matching helps.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
blip the gas then shift from neutral.. like LS says.. second should be smoother than first!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I notice this right before i shift i know when its going to be a biznich. I just slow to stop if possible, then shift. Otherwise i get a Clunk noise. Its usually the shift between 1st and 2nd and somehow it ends up in neutral.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts