Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first pic is the original OEM for 2006 cbr600rr. The second pic I bought and installed but notice there's a slight bend in the kickstand. The lean angle is more than usual and sits further towards the front wheel. Should I be worried?

Attachments

·
Registered
849 Posts
Nah, they probably just used their kickstand to spin the bike around a bunch of times.

Of course, check for severe damage and cracks.
As well as an uncomfortable lean angle when on the kickstand.

Ultimately, you have to make the determination yourself in whether it feels stable and safe.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are two different bikes. I pick up a second bike that was lowered with a cut kickstand. I raised it back to stock and needed a kickstand to go with it.

I spun mine plenty times and never had a issue of bending etc...

I checked it for cracks and stuff but it looked OK. The slight bend was the only thing looking out of place as far as I can tell.

Definitely going to keep an eye on it when dropping down the kickstand.

Was wondering if anybody else encountered a similar issue? Was it OK for them? Or did they not take the chance and replaced it with another.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the ladies. Can't really tell it in the pic but I can see the lean angles aren't the same. And kickstand reference to the bikes aren't the same also.

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
I spin mine all the time. I have never noticed it bending or anything like that. I wouldn't worry to much about it breaking. Just keep an eye on it. And be careful where you park it. Especially if their is a slope etc.

·
Registered
397 Posts
i need a new kick stand too... leans way too much when parked. could be because of a recent get down or because i spin my bike all the time for 2yrs. anyways, you'll find out from how it sits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts