Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Modcake with sprinkles
9,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, been a while since I poked my head around here. Life's been busy and I haven't had a bike in some time so haven't been around much.

When I was frequenting I remember people having some issues in the summer with their kick stands sinking into the asphalt. Over the last year I bought a 3D printer and got into making models and printing little things for around the house so I decided to give some kickstand pucks a whirl.

If there is any interest in these things I can do 3 different ways.

- First I can straight 3D print them and ship them out, right now I only have white filament but that can be changed with enough interest. PLA printing filament isn't the strongest but its cheap. I would want to send out a few prototypes before selling just to see how they hold up.
- I can turn these prints into a mold and try to do some epoxy resin pours (never tried but it doesn't look that hard)
- Get these professionally printed (this would allow for selection of color and material but would cost the most)

Here are a couple pictures of what I've made. I've designed these to also double as coasters for people that don't need a puck.

Want to gauge some thoughts on these and I may start a poll as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That looks sweet but I always forget mine at home anyway :/

·
Registered
137 Posts
Those look good but honestly I never really have a need for one. Plus I'm cheap and made my own from a spare piece of wood. I throw it under the passenger seat during the summer months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts