Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I laid my bike over this weekend at Bikes, Blues, and BBQ. My kickstand made contact with the curb. Now my bike will only run if a kick the stand constantly or slightly move it while running. Is there a way to bypass the sensor by jumping the wires? Is it the sensor or the bracket? Should I just buy a new sensor. CBR600RR 08'.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
It is easy to bypass but I don't recommend it. I rarely forget to put it up but all it takes is one time to crash again.

I'd check the switch and make sure it is ok then make sure it lines up with whatever pushes it in and out. ( I haven't looked at one of these in a while so sorry for the vague terms) I would imagine that it would be pretty cheap to replace even if buying a new one from Honda. If it is like the '07, the connector is by the voltage regulator on the left side of the bike, under the left side fairing.

·
Site Sponsor
358 Posts
It's very simple to override the sensor, just make a jumper to connect the two wires leading to the sidestand. With that said, it's VERY easy to forget your sidestand is down and put yourself in the dirt...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts