Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i put my bike in my yard that i thought was hard ground, but the kickstand sunk in the ground and it fell over. It didnt do much damage except crack a little around my blinker. I have full coverage insurance, but I dont want my insurance to go up if i did claim it. would i have to tell them my bike got pushed over somewhere or what

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
What you had was an accident........and should be covered. But I would just fix it out of pocket. In the long run it will save you money.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
should be covered but if you have a deductible you have to pay anyway why not just buy a replacement fairing (ronayers.com[cheap], servicehonda.com [cheaper still] or ebay) and not claim it at all?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, dont want a felony, but damn i dont want my insurance to go up either after i have been paying them for 3years. If i buy a fairing, i have to also get a sticker kit because i added wings

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
How much is your deductable?

·
Registered
407 Posts
600rrrider said:
I still think it will be cheaper in the long run.
+1 dude. Don't claim it, just fix it out of your pocket. What is your deductable on your insurance?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Shame dude. Hope the damage isn't bad. Just pay it yourself - definitly not worth bothering your insurance about.

·
Registered
364 Posts
If the accident could have been avoided by you, then the insurance company will find you liable. You will only have to pay your deductible, but your insurance will go up.

I just had a friend that hit an object on the freeway. He was going around a turn and didn't see it. Ripped his lower fairing off, dented both wheels, tore the headers out, but he saved it and never went down. Was able to pull off safely. There were witnesses and everything. A police report was filled out. Object was small enough to not see around a corner going 65mph. Made a claim with his company and told them the complete truth. Seems like it would be covered, right? It was, but he was found liable. He insurance is going to skyrocket now. Insurance company said if the object didn't just fall off another vehicle and was moving when he hit it, it was his fault. I can kinda see their point, but that's just not right. I would expect my insurance company to protect me in those situations.

In your case, I'd lie. Fraud whatever. Who is going to know. Say you parked it and when you came back, it was knocked over. That IS the truth. Hint that someone pushed it or a car might have hit it. Make sure your story doesn't leave you with any blame. Pay your deductible and get it fixed.
:beer:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the info guys

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Fukit, Why fix it, it's a used bike. I still have scrapes, cracks, and digs on the left side of my bike from a kickstand incedent. who cares if it has a little crack around the turning signal. I've got one of them too from whacking it on the door sill pushing it into the garrage once. Mine was covered but I didn't bother claiming such minor damage. All of this happened over 2 years ago and I still haven't bothered fixing it. I guess some people are just this way. I also don't give a **** about the scratch or dent in my pick-up truck, it's a truck, it's supposed to get abused.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah, screw it

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Yeah, just fix it yourself man, a lot easier in the long run.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts