Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone... I'm completely stumped. I've been riding for years, and this is my 6th sport bike... I've never had this happen before. I just bought a used '04 600RR, and the thing sits WAAY too straight up and down on the kickstand. I ran it past some techs at the local dlrshp, and they hypothesized the bike had been lowered. I don't buy that. I'm 6ft, and it's as normal as any other sport bike I've owned. (Any way to tell if there's lowering links?) I've researched the net... but not too many topics here. If someone can lead me to another thread, great. Otherwise, I need some input. The Honda dlrshp said I could throw on a GoldWing stand, they're a bit shorter. OR, I was thinking of buying another OEM stand (or entire kickstand set-up) and replacing what's on my bike to see if if changes... but then I'm out the cost of that if it's the same height/problem again. Heading out for dinner, but will check back later... I'm open to ideas!?!...

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I would guess that the bikewas lowered like the stealership guys said. The 03-06 rr has a pretty high seat height, taller than just about all other bikes, so if it feels like the same as other bikes, then like I said I would guess lowered. If the bike feels right and good to you, then you may want to buy a shorter kickstand, or if you want it back to stock, dig deeper into if it has actually been lowered.

I am sure if you post pics of the dogbone, and/or kickstand you will ge more definate answers to your question.

Spectre

·
Registered
42 Posts
im thinking on getting a new kickstand setup for my 05, i just don't trust the stock stand. 3 weeks after i got my bike i parked it in my gf's driveway and it melted into the ashphalt and smashed the S*** out of the left side. i know it wasn't the bikes fault, but would also like something better .

rowskri75, let me no if ya find any

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
The kickstand on our bike is so much better than any of the others, I feel much more confident with it than I do with some of my buddies bikes, their kickstands look like they could snap at any minutes.
im thinking on getting a new kickstand setup for my 05, i just don't trust the stock stand. 3 weeks after i got my bike i parked it in my gf's driveway and it melted into the ashphalt and smashed the S*** out of the left side. i know it wasn't the bikes fault, but would also like something better .

rowskri75, let me no if ya find any

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would say it was lowered...After I had my back end lowered 3 inchs, I had to cut about .75 inch out of my kickstand so that it would actually lean over then stand straight up where the wind would blow it over...Check the rear suspension mount and see if theres a lowering link..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will do guys...thanks for all the quick feedback... give me till tomorrow evening, i'll try to get some clean shots of the suspension and linkage for everyone. We can decide from there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK - here are some quick pics... see if these help at all. I think everything looks stock... but that's just my opinion...

SNV31770.jpg

SNV31771.jpg

SNV31772.jpg

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well i looked at mine and that one looks the same. Measure it..mine is 7 1/4" center to center on the link..does the front look lowered? Cause im 5'11 and ican reach but its not the easiest..

·
Registered
77 Posts
I reckon its they way they are, the stands on the 03-06s are shithouse! One of the first things i noticed when I got the CBR. The stand is also too close to the line of the wheels if that makes sense.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
it doesnt have a lowering link, looks OEM to me.

maybe the kick stand is bent a little bit, that could raise it or lower it from the way it sits factory.

K

·
0 Posts
it doesnt have a lowering link, looks OEM to me.

maybe the kick stand is bent a little bit, that could raise it or lower it from the way it sits factory.
Honda does make OEM Lowering Links...

the best way to know, is to compare a known standard, and yours for length.

K

·
0 Posts
i'd be happy to. i know for a FACT that mine is standard 2006 length.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
...oh yeah, also... what's the opinion on the fix from peeps? Let's say we figure out it's stock length (the linkage) and somehow it's just plain F*d up. Am I better off trying to replace it with another OEM '04 kickstand? Should I try replacing JUST the stand piece? Or should I replace the whole assembly? Or should I try what the stealership recommended about using a GoldWing stand? (never heard of that before... then again, I've never had this issue before either)

Thoughts / opinions?...

·
Registered
206 Posts
so, i measured my stock link and it is 8 and 3/8 inches. its a pretty accurate measurement because its not on my bike. i lowered mine 3 in. and cut the kickstand down with a sawsall... you could do that if nothing else and it will cost you nothing. but be sure to put a plate under it or it will sink again and fall over. also, if you find that your link isn't the same size, i will sell you mine for cheap because i'm not using it. it came off an 03, which i'm 99% positive that it will be the same as the 04.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts