Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!
My 2019 CBR600RR is having problems with its kill switch and the high beams. I used the kill switch today to turn it off, came back to turn the bike on and the bike would not turn over. Upon further inspection, I realize the turnover switch was not being recognized. In order for me to get the motorcycle turned over, I have to press down hard on the turnover switch. My headlights are experiencing the same problem, the dash light flickers, and the high beam goes in and out.
For the past couple of days, my area has experienced a lot of rain. Could the rain be the reason why I'm having these issues? I have a motorcycle cover, and it's on all the time, but water on my bike. I've tried 2 different covers with the same results.
Thanks in advance friends.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Sounds like bike is thoroughly wet.

try taking kill switch apart and cleaning the interior and lubing contacts with dielectric grease.

search OTF for "should I use kill switch" and "kill switch issues" and the like....there's several threads about this.

to stop motor use key ignition, only use kill switch in emergency.....

HTH

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the reply. It did help. I let it dry out in the sun for a few hours and now it works flawlessly. I will be storing my bike inside from now on.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
My 2009 bike with 57K miles has been under the cover and in the rain. No issue with kill switch nor headlights. I've been using the ignition to cut off power instead of kill switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts