Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
07cbr600rr. So my friend laid my bike down the other day. I'm sick to my stomach. Only looking at $250 of repair damage plus fairings. So if anyone knows of somebody selling full OEM fairings, let me know. Anyway, my kill switch stays on the run position, I want to kill my bike and regardless of run/off position my bike stays on run. Not a big deal, I just don't want my bike to shut off randomly when I get it on the road again. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Open up the housing & check the wiring connections they are known to get loose causing issues mainly head lights not working

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Going to open it up, if I can't find anything then i'm just going to leave it alone.
its not working properly :retard: there is something wrong :cruising:

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Also, the bike should be shut off via the key, not the kill switch. The kill switch is meant to shut off the fuel pump in an emergency; the kill switch contacts are not very robust and problems with the electrical around it are common on the 600RR.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Also, the bike should be shut off via the key, not the kill switch. The kill switch is meant to shut off the fuel pump in an emergency; the kill switch contacts are not very robust and problems with the electrical around it are common on the 600RR.
Precisely, people who get into the habit of turning their bike off with the kill switch sometimes end up draining their battery and when the bike doesn't start one day it's WTF?

Only the key should be used, kill switch is for emergencies as suggested above.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree. I hate when people use the kill switch to turn off their bike. He does need to get it fixed though should an emergency arise. The wires are probably shorted together behind the switch keeping it on all the time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the advice, I was always taught to shut it off with the kill switch which is what I won't be doing now. I will open it up later today and see what's going on. Good to know its not that big of a deal if it stays on run.

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Thanks for the advice, I was always taught to shut it off with the kill switch which is what I won't be doing now. I will open it up later today and see what's going on. Good to know its not that big of a deal if it stays on run.
smart man might as well double check it as it might eventually affect the operation of the headlights

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
The instructors were probably just ignorant of it. Also, I can only speak to the 600RR (though it is probably standard across all Honda products); it's stated in the manual specifically, but who knows if it is the same way for the other Big 4.

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Think of it this way its called KILL switch for a reason ( drastic measure ) they could have called it shut off switch but they did not

1 - 19 of 19 Posts