Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought my bike was broke.... messed with the bike for like 30 min just to find out the kill switch was flipped...

ON ANOTHER NOTE I JUST BOUGHT A HYPERFLO EXHAUST, SHOULD BE HERE TOMORROW!!! OH GAWD!:banger:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Posting just to post?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
when i was kid i used to flip the switch on my moms bike all the time HAHA.. i still do it to this day when i go to visit. she seemed mad the last time, but deep down i think she thought it was funny when she remembered me doing it years ago haha

we do that in the parking lot sometimes when guys go get coffees. its like a game.

·
Registered
342 Posts
you don't know what a kill switch is but you know what hyperflow is :cruising: haha only joking I did that back in the day, i only use it now if i park in a crap area...as another method to confuse dumb theives, i went to an auction once and some guys were looking at a stolen recovered auction R1, they tried hot wiring it to hear it before the auction, took a clever cogs to tell them the kill switch was on, i was hoping everyone that clever would shutup, was funny to watch, im annoyed at people who use it was an OFF switch...turn the key you lazy basterds!!:cursin: it's not called OFF it's called KILL
I thought it was better for the engine to use the kill switch to shut down?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
you don't know what a kill switch is but you know what hyperflow is :cruising: haha only joking I did that back in the day, i only use it now if i park in a crap area...as another method to confuse dumb theives, i went to an auction once and some guys were looking at a stolen recovered auction R1, they tried hot wiring it to hear it before the auction, took a clever cogs to tell them the kill switch was on, i was hoping everyone that clever would shutup, was funny to watch, im annoyed at people who use it was an OFF switch...turn the key you lazy basterds!!:cursin: it's not called OFF it's called KILL
I was always taught to hit the kill switch then turn the key... is there a problem using the kill switch that way?

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
Don't feel bad I never use it and when I got the inspection the other day I had a gash in my tire so I waited for a new one and when he pulled it around I got on and didn't here the pump prime. I was getting pissed too because I put a lot of time into replacing the wire harness last year thanks to mice and that was the first thing that crossed my mind.
So after a 15 minute cursing rage and tantrum I got my wits back and checked the switch sure enough he flipped it. I've never been so relieved and embarrassed at the same time lol.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah my friend was riding my bike and I guess one yamaha's the kill switch springs back up after pressing it. So when he pressed mine to turn it off he assumed that it would spring back again. Yeah felt so dumb when i found out it was the kill switch :[

1 - 15 of 15 Posts