Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last summer i let a girl use my bike, she left the key on for about 20 minutes accidently, she had used to the kill switch to shut it off.. When we went out to start the bike and realized the key was still on the fuel pump wasnt working, solution was to toggle the kill switch off/on a few times and then the fuel pump kicked back on....
Any particular reason this happened that someone might know of??

Also yesterday after about 200+ miles of riding the bike just randomly died with a full tank of gas while cruising about 70mph on hwy...
I toggled kill switch a few times, fuel pump kicked on, bike started right up..
I put another 100 miles on after that no issues..

Anyone ever have simular problems like this??
bike has 6500 miles on it now. its an 08 600rr

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
sounds like a loose or faulty connection somewhere. sometimes those switches have been known to fail. i can't guarantee that the problem is the switch, but it definitely sounds like a loose connection or a fault in the circuit somewhere. first i would just make sure all your plugs are secure. then if it is still messing up, you need to find where the fault is. Nico is the man at electrical stuff, but a multimeter and a schematic is your friend.

·
Super Moderator
2,396 Posts
I would suggest starting with removing the kill switch and inspecting/cleaning it because they are known to fail. Also check to make sure all the leads are secure and the fuel pump relay isn't unseated. To check that just remove it and put it back in, it's a 10 second check once you have the fairing off.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. I was planning on checking the wiring as well, i am halfways decent with troubleshooting being an auto tech..
figured Id ask if there was any common problems before i dig into it..

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Most common problem is the kill switch... crappy contacts on them fail quite regularly. Take it apart, clean it up with an eraser (or fine sandpaper if the eraser won't do the trick) apply some dielectric grease and put it all back together...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts