Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well It's about 6:30AM in AZ here and just got into work and to my desk now after spending about the last 30 minutes in the bathroom cleaning off the aftermath. I was cruising down the highway about 75mph and a big raven/crow, must have been eating some road kill or something as I did not see it on the side of the highway until the last second and then...... poof!!! The thing flew right up in front of me and just exploded when it hit right below my face on my upper chest. I got sh*t all up in my helmet/face, all over my jacket and it was just nasty. I am just glad it was not flying at me head on when it happened. That happened years ago to my Dad on a Harley in Cali and it knocked the wind right out of him causing him to fall off the bike. But I am here safe and sound just feeling a bit of the parasites seeping in. Ugh nasty but I will live.

·
Registered
417 Posts
RR Rider vs. Ravens ---- 1:0.

Glad you are OK. I am going to watch out for crows, along with a long list of things, on my way to work.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well, at least you are safe and not physically hurt. I can't imagine the smell......uuuhhhhggggg :puke:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I had to pull over for a minute or 2 to wipe my face/shield and take a deep breath. So much for my white undershirt... What a morning. Thanks guys, glad it was not worse that it was.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Honda CBR 600RR $8599
Helmet $299
Getting Dumped on by a Raven while headed to Work PriceLess :twisted:
:bitchslap:

It happens to the best of us. Glad you didnt wipeout have a good day!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Honda CBR 600RR $8599
Helmet $299
Getting Dumped on by a Raven while headed to Work PriceLess :twisted:
:bitchslap:

It happens to the best of us. Glad you didnt wipeout have a good day!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yes!!! Hee hee that’s friggin funny (sense ya didn’t get hurt) .
A co-worker and fellow sport biker and I were just complaining about the bugs coming in this morning ha ha
So like.. the bird exploded and their were guts all over ya???
There's your breakfeast right there :yikes:
That is disgusting and those things are naaaaaaasty

·
Registered
647 Posts
Glad you didnt come off. Actually surprised. Those things are big birds .. Good Job staying on..

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've been hit by a magpie at about 60 and nearly fell off, I'm qute impressed that you took a crow at 75 and held on. Good job.

ps. eeeewwwwww......

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I can't even describe the smell it was unlike anything I have smelled before. I don't have a weak stomache or there would have been another mess on top of the one already created :Barfin: . So far 2 people have asked me "Why is your wet jacket hanging up over there" and one other said "Do you smell that? I just laughed.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I think if someone else asks why your jacket is over there tell them you got the fit altered and new padding and ask them to try it on, i am sure once they get close to it they will be like WTF, can give yourself some humor today, i know i would do it lol :bounce:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just to clarify... this thing was killed, right? That's a damn big hit to take at 75. Even getting hit by a bumble bee on the highway can hurt... let alone a huge friggin bird.
Yes the bird ws killed instantly. In AZ we have these Raven/Crow type of birds that are not the all out size of let's say a hawk or Eagle but the smaller size more like a Sea Gull. Still damn big and still a big mess. Like I said I was lucky it was on the side of the highway and flew up right before I hit it so it was not flying directly at me just up to like get out of the way. I know I would be writing you guys days later from the revovery center if the bird had been flying at me, that would have been even worse. But here I am stinky and can't wait to get on the bike for the ride home to get a shower!

·
Registered
360 Posts
That's gross... at least nothing creeped in your mouth or up your nose! ;-) Glad you held on and got to work okay.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Damn- Up here in MN Crows and ravens are huge- i think if one hit me at 75 mph, and had enough force to 'explode' it would be a get-off for shur. Glad to hear youre ok, funny story though... did it hit you in the face or the chest?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Damn- Up here in MN Crows and ravens are huge- i think if one hit me at 75 mph, and had enough force to 'explode' it would be a get-off for shur. Glad to hear youre ok, funny story though... did it hit you in the face or the chest?
Hit me square in upper chest right below my chin. One of my co-workers said they are called a bow tail raven which is a smaller breed, thank god. Someone above said "at least nothing creeped in your mouth or up your nose" which is true just a bunch of powder type crap seeped up there but the mess was all over my jacket, tank and my pants a little. Nothing that a little anti bacterial soap cleaned off. I am glad I have not hit a coyote. There are about 3-5 dead ones a week on the 347 highway I ride on. All part of the AZ wildlife/ I know in other states though you guys are dealing with cows, deers and all of that. Hope if it ever happens to any of you, you come out of it unharmed like me with only a bit of a smell :???:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts