Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WEll i ate it on 11/9(post in the CBB section). She was my baby 05 RR tribal and i was gettin down the ckeklist of mods as well. Well found out today that the bike will be totalled and they said it was so bad it is not eligble to be re-titled. (I'm guessing frame damage, my father spoke withteh ins rep so im not 100%).

My dilemna is this, I still owe the credit union $7800 and insurance notified me today they will write a check for $7000. So I have to make up the deficit. But they said they would not honor ANY aftermarket parts from the bike. This infuriated me, I can understand if they don't want to honor it even if I can prove purchase with reciepts, but I DAMN WELL SURE better be able to go up ther and switch out my stock pipe for the effing $450 yosh, and my $90 brake lines. But something inside me tells me this wont fly lol. ANyone have any experience with this.

I'm going home tomorow for thanksgiving break and im trying to decide what todo about he bike situation. I still have at least a few weeks beefore i can ride again. I'm actually getting an mri on my knee tonight to see if i need surgery. But i really wanted a tracker and a stunt/motard to ef around the dstreet on. But the way things are going i dont think i'll be able to afford two bikes. ARGGHHH im so confused rigth now. so back to my question WHAT TO DO about everything ins, another bike, etc. .....just tryin to get some ideas

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
What Insurance do you have???
They might not cover 100% of the aftermarkets but they should give you some value.. They (State Farm, Best ins. imo) gave me $200 for my Two Bros. and a $100 for my Undertail of my F4I.. I made out pretty well.
Did you do a blue book on your bike??
My was right on the money to the cent.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. I would call and bug them about switching out the pipes untill they let me. If it's not getting repaired what should they care.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yeah, your insurance should give you something. My insurance allows up to $1000 of anything as long as I have some sort of documentation, which it sounds like you do, if not, you should go get your pipe and whatever else you can salvagebecause they are paying you for stock parts. Do you not have the bike still. Usually then dont getit until AFTER they write the check.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
If they are not going to insure those aftermarket parts then they are legally yours provided you replace with stock parts. Any additions that were not a replacement, rather an addition to the bike are yours. If they mess with you tell them you are going to seek council. Otherwise, it is as if they are stealing your aftermarket parts being that the insurance turns around and sells off the bike to dismantlers.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
tell them u want the bike back if they r just going to total it and make it a stunter or track bike. i think i read a thing on here about someone getting it back after they totaled it but i may be wrong. if not they should atleast yet u get the pipe and such.

if brake lines r torn and fit 03-04 let me know. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have State Farm and really I have nothing bad to say about them. I'd probabl go through them again, they were by far the cheapest. Like i was saying my dad is the main policyholder so he was talking to them so I'm going to try to talk to them myself. aNd it makes it even more of a hassle becaseu I do not have the bike. Some garage that came and picked it up has it because i had to take the ambulance(most expensive 14miles ever btw~$890) But i guess thats nothin compared to the medivac bill my friend got when he crashed his quad into a tree but he wasnt wearing a helmet (dumbass).

Now i cant decide what to do about another bike. I guess im going to pick up another RR with some goodies already on it and just not ride on the street as much (more stunt and track).

·
Registered
655 Posts
Sometimes they will give you the bike back, but they will take quite a bit off the refund. So its up to you. As for another bike, I would say get another sport bike, but I dont know about two bikes, because what if you crash one or both of them and the same thing happens. Then you will be in a bigger perdicimant. I say pick which ever one you think you will use, have more fun on, and get that first. Then wait a while and then pick up the other..... Good Luck

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I'd say go get yourself another 05 CBR600RR. Do you really need two bikes? Can you afford two bikes when it comes to insurance and everything else? Hell, I'm all for having a bunch of bikes...one of everything sounds like a dream to me.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
sorry to hear ur dilemma. i don't think there should be any problem if u take ur aftermarket parts back just as james said. they are urs and if its not gonna be covered by ur insurance, then might as well get them back right? btw, if insurance is paying $7k to ur credit union, why do u still owe them? (other than the $800 difference). that's why we pay insurance so it can cover the cost of things like this.
as for ur 2nd bike, i recommend getting a used 04/05 RR. i know some people who can get it for around $3-4. u just have to save up the money. good luck and hope u can ride again very soon!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea they said i could buy it back for $1377. I want to take a look at it and if its seems decent make it my stunter then pick up another 05 RR or possibly an 06 r6(i know i know) ive always rode red ever since my xr 100 when i was like 8 but im kinda diggin the new r6.

BTW tribal cbr 06 hook me up brother. ahah im gettin the check for 7k and an 05 for around 4g's would be phenomenal. PM me or just post back up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts