Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a Dunlop tire photoshoot, i was lucky enough to get this snapshot of myself! This is at Streets of Willow, right out of the turn 7 "bowl". Later in the day, I low sided here!

The real pic is so big that you can easily read the speedo and tac. Cool stuff!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
that is cool, never seen that angle before...sucks about the low side tho

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Great shot!! Its definately different!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
badass pic! post a link to the original if you have it.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know how to post the original- Photobucket, along with every other site, reduces it's size. Literally, on my 23 inch LCD, it shows maybe 1/4 of it in full screen.

The pic was taken by guys at Dunlop, who were using the track for a Q2 photoshoot. I know one of the guys there and they snapped a few pics of me for kicks.

Too bad about my helmet, I loved it, but I have this superstition about not buying a helmet I crashed in, so looks like that's all we'll see of it! I had a sick clear sticker with a red Honda wing on the back of it that matched it PERFECTLY. I still have the helmet, but now I might get Troy Lee to mess around with it a bit!

·
Registered
131 Posts
That pic looks fake, like it a small scale plastic toy model. Check the exhaust and the rear fender.

Looks nice anyway.

F

·
0 Posts
Does kinda look like a toy bike :tard: Must be the angle. Hopefully one of the mods can post the bigger pic. Hope you're feeling better..........

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks like a toy because I am huge. About 240 lbs, combined with a suit that must have been made out of traffic cones, I make a Boss Hoss look like a Rebel 250.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
It looks like a toy because I am huge. About 240 lbs, combined with a suit that must have been made out of traffic cones, I make a Boss Hoss look like a Rebel 250.
Classic post, if I was drinking anything right now, it woulda been sprayed on my screen.

I dunno if it's the angle or something, and I don't know that turn/track, but it doesn't look like like you have too much lean going on, so how did you lowside, just come in too hot and tried to reel it back in? Or get a lil cocky and tried to carry everything through the turn.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nah, I still haven't figured it out. I wasn't crashing on that lap, it was much later in the day. In this pic I am going slow passed the camera since there were photographers on the side of the track. Later, when I did crash, i was leaned over a little bit more and I somehow lost traction in the front. Our best guess is a random gust of wind, which the track is famous for. There's almost nothing I could have done to lose the front end.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Gusts of wind suck. If you ever drag race at infineon in the left lane, when you go by turn 1 a huge windgust comes down the hill, and I have seen the wind alone cause a ton of crashes even for cars going in a straight line, let alone on a bike in a turn. At least a lowside beats a highside anyday, though I would rather lose the ass end than the front since you are more likely to slide behind the bike than vice versa. But at least you are OK, so it's all good, ride another day.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts