Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wellllll.. here i am. bought an 04 RR left on the showroom floor in August of 05 cuz i absolutely loved the candy blue. had been looking for used one for like 8-10 months when i stumbled on the brand new one only 50 miles away. I had wanted a CBR since i was like 16.. (I'm 23 now).

Then, only a month later, I fell onto this great deal on a house in my hometown that I was able to buy and I have been helping to do a total rebuild on this house since October.

Had my bike about 7 months now with some mods.. most notable being the Hama exhaust. But i just never get to ride. It's becoming more of a chore. My dad used to ride with me every weekend but he is building another street rod now and that takes all his time. And I play basketball with podnuhs every chance i get and have recently gotten into mountain biking (sweet sport).

And financially, this thing is just not practical (that's when everyone laughs.) The house is almost done and the extra mula would help me to build a small carport.. and maybe get a purdy new HDTV (oooo.. aaaahh..) that i've been drooling over for months.

I dunno. To come out with ~$7000 plus not having to pay 110 insurance every month (my insurance company blows- i know) just seems like the smart thing to do. Plus I get a lot of joy out of just crusing on the weekend with my girl on back.. but with the RR, that is just cruel. Maybe i should just ride my dad's bike (BMW K1200) occasionally on weekends with the girl to satify my motorcycle cravings.

Such a tough decision.. i hate to sell.. but i only got 950 miles on my bike (yeah, u read that right.. an 04, 7 months old, 950 miles). it's like a waste. I just have no time..

Advice/opinions are welcome. will i regret it? or sell now while the season is about to get strong?
arrrrrg.. i hate having to get practical as i get older.

thanks for reading if you made it through all that..
:beer:
joey

·
Registered
835 Posts
I sold my last bike in the summer of 2003 and regreted it every day until last October when I was finally able to buy another one. I have to admit there was a huge void in my life. I should have just kept it since I already had it and it was tough to justify buying another one after I sold it. If it is not a drain on your budget and you really enjoy riding??? weigh the pros and cons man. Hate to see you get rid of it, but do what you think that you should.

C

·
0 Posts
You might regret it a little but you hardly ride it now. Why pay that much money for something you hardly use? We will still talk to you if your worried about that, lol.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
i say sell it....you dont use much to begin with. you have found another hobby which is mountain biking. plus if have that urge to ride...take your dads bike. probably not the same adrenaline rush....but still the same freedom of riding around.

imo...the house comes first before the bike. you can always get another bike later once your other obligations are fulfilled.

gl with your decisions.

btw, you might have a small feeling of regret...but i think youll get over it after seeing the insurance money in your pocket, the hdtv in your house and the carport.

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
i agree with slaps what is more important the answer to that question will guide you

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SLAPS808 said:
btw, you might have a small feeling of regret...but i think youll get over it after seeing the insurance money in your pocket, the hdtv in your house and the carport.
wow.. i was expecting a bunch of sarcastic remarks.. i appreciate yall bein so cool.
so thanks for the vote of confidence fellas.. yall are making this whole thing a bit easier as i know yall all love these bikes yet yall still are bein practial about it all..
:beer:

i do think selling it will be best for my future (booo.. lol). I know I will want to get back into it later but i will be so much better off with that cash in pocket every month and one less worry on my mind..

man i hope whoever gets my bike respects it.. can i turn down offers if the guys looks like he'll abuse it.. lol.

thanks again fellas.
joey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts