Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go outside this morning on my way to work and I notice my 03 rr is in the middle of the parking lot WITHOUT its cover. Right then I think SH*T someone tried to steal it and gave up, they prob. dropped it or something along those lines. So, I go up and inspect the bike, and nothing is wrong with it and it starts up fine. So needless to say my bike is now parked in front of my door. I'm thinking a few things.

1.Someone was just pissed my bike was taking up a parking space in the front and wanted it moved so they could park their car there for the night.

2. Someone tried to steal it and then said f* it.

3. Someone just was being an ass and then decided to take my bike cover just because.

So either I'm going to continue parking it infront of my door, or move it in my apt. or I might park it on the side of the apt. complex where no one parks and the spaces are always vacant.

Any advice? Please don't tell me to get a garage, storage garage or anything like that. It's my bike and I want to keep it where I live. Anyways, just something to piss me off starting my wonderful Tuesday. At least my job kicks ass. (Working for Budwieser really isn't that bad.)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Personally, I would park it inside the apartment. Or talk with your apt manager and let them know about your problem and see if they can accomadate your needs and concerns. Hopefully, they are bike fans and will assist you with a solution.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Move it into your place ASAP! And i wouldn't ask anyone that works there if it's ok because it's most likely not and you don't need to give them any idea to start checking on you to see if you are. Just do it and if then someone says something, you can claim you didn't know. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
124 Posts
It's easier to say you're sorry than it is to ask for permission.

-Eric

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just because you pm'ed me the other day and I know your in greenville, I lost my cover to the wind before, then the following wind storm we had I found someone elses (ripped up though). Moral of the story, same thing may have happened to you...but of course better safe than sorry I've got the shotty by the window and the alarm armed...waiting:gun1:. I've got this cover now, and wrote a review on it. It has a buckle underneath so next time you'll know if someone really tried to take it or if mother nature robbed you. http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=131309 if you're looking for another one.

If you've got money to spend and your complex will let you anchor this down, it may be what you want...http://www.cycleshell.com/

Or http://www.scorpioalarms.com/ read the specs, then it will be armed everywhere you go.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Just to be safe I'd move it inside.. But if your going to park it outside park your bike horizontal in your parking spot and park your car behind it to block it in.

·
Registered
195 Posts
im sorry to hear that you're uneasy with things going on with your bike at night. i feel the same way most the times as ive had two bikes stolen from the same place. insurance gives me peace of mind and lets me sleep at night.

I'd try moving it inside your apartment if you can, i know it may be difficult with family etc, invest in an alarm, $300-$400 bucks will go a long way to give you further peace of mind, also, i remember back when my dad had a sports car, his car cover had a little space for a car cover lock, that would lock it to the car and would not let it be removed. have you tried that bike cover lock?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Was it windy last night?
I hope your kidding!

I have dealt with this type of problem as well. My apartments have no extra parking and because my wife has a new car and the only numbered spot for the house my truck and bike hold the empty spot next to it. Alot of people were pissed when I moved in because they thought they could park in the same spot with my bike.

Now no one tries to park next to it and I dont really have to worry about it. Plus I have a small truck and park them as close together as possible so people cant park there anyway. I also lock my handlebars.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey man, sorry to hear about your bike.... Given your description, I would guess that someone probably got pissed if you were taking up a front-row, allstar parking spot. I would do like everyone else has, and move your bike inside.

When I was going to college, there was this guy who drove a Camaro and also had a Suzuki sportbike (can't remember what it was). We didnt' have designated parking, and this guy would park his bike in a front row, allstar spot, but he didn't drive it every day. Especially during the colder months, he would always drive his car.

Well, I always heard people complaining about where he parked his bike, and taking up the spot when he didn't even drive it every day. One morning, I walk outside my place to my truck and I see his bike knocked over in the parking lot.

He tried to get the word out to everyone around our area of the apartment complex that he thought someone knocked his bike over, it had better not happen again, he was getting the police involved, etc.

The next day, his bike was laying down on the other side.

CLIFFNOTES/MORAL OF THE STORY: PARK YOUR BIKE INSIDE YOUR APARTMENT IF POSSIBLE.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only problem is space on the inside, and I don't know if my roommate will like it being inside or whatever. THE WIND DID NOT DO THIS! My bike was in the MIDDLE of the parking lot, someone moved my bike and took the cover. They had a hard time moving it though because I did lock my bars. Anyway I'm going to get a new cover and start parking my bike at the front door, or in spaces that no one ever parks. I'm also looking at getting an alarm because this happened when I was in my apt. which pisses me off the most to know that I could of walked outside and seen the mof*r that did this. Anyway I'm on my lunch break and I'm going to ride it back to work I don't even want my baby sitting there during the day.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Sounds like someone was pissed. Maybe you should set up a camera (if possible) and try to catch them doing it.

I park mine in my apt for this reason.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i keep mine inside my living room. (apartments)
**** that, theres no way i'm leaving it outside. don't ask the apartment people if you can, just do it. Or else they'll try to fine you for something stupid. My neighbors are cool with me keeping it inside, they see me pull up to my door all the time.
The maintenance guys from my apartments are cool about it too. they don't say anything to the girls at the office.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Sounds like some one try to jack your bike bro, as far the Wind moving your bike into the middle of the parking lot.......I don't think SO, it would of to be a 90mph+ type Wind. I thing the aboved post was not reading what you wore saying about it was not the Wind, because the entire bike was moved to the middle of the parking lot away from you parking space.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts