Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I am doing a lot of continuous braking I feel like the bike is really pushing me forwards onto the handlebars and in turn leading to soreness of my palms. I'm not on the front brakes a lot under normal driving, but after a lot of serious braking it starts to get to me. Any suggestions/comments on this?

Thanks,

Mike

C

·
0 Posts
Some gel grips? Or better gloves?...
I'm not on the front brakes a lot under normal driving, but after a lot of serious braking it starts to get to me.
So is it in the twisties, or hard braking up to stop lghts you feel pressure on your palms ? How long have you been riding? The pain will go away eventually.... Also, are you locking your arms at all? You should keep them Lucy.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yeah, just try to relax a tad more when you ride. Don't ride so tense. And like cv said, that feeling should go away after you have riden for a while (you get used to it).

·
Registered
201 Posts
Squeeze the tank with your legs more and take most of the weight off of your hands. Like cvlighthouse said, practice keeping your arms real loose.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
AcuracyRR said:
Sometimes when I am doing a lot of continuous braking I feel like the bike is really pushing me forwards onto the handlebars and in turn leading to soreness of my palms. I'm not on the front brakes a lot under normal driving, but after a lot of serious braking it starts to get to me. Any suggestions/comments on this?

Thanks,

Mike
How long have been riding (or as you put it...driving)? I assume not long with that terminology. Assuming your new to your bike, I would say things will get better once your use to the bike and the soreness will go away.

·
Registered
411 Posts
as others have said, keep the weight off your hands, let your lower back, legs keep you upright... This will help minimize the effect your weight has on the front end versus putting all your weight on the clip ons...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
In the area where you would normally use your brakes alot, try pacing yourself so you would not use your brakes alot. When riding thru the canyons around here, I rarely use my brakes. If you still find the need to use a lot of brakes, use your knees, lower back and thighs to keep pressure of the wrists while cruising, you'll have " fresh wrists" for the braking parts. Just my opinion. :smile:

·
Registered
812 Posts
I find it also helps to tense your legs to put weight on the pegs down low.

I also cranked up the preload on the front so the bike does not dive so much.

Adding some compression dampening to the front also slows nose dive.

The old trick on hitting the rear brake 1/4 sec prior to the front will settle the rear.

All these other suggestion are good too. You'll get over it. :D

·
Registered
811 Posts
ride a cruiser :bitchslap: :bounce:

C

·
0 Posts
I also cranked up the preload on the front so the bike does not dive so much.

Adding some compression dampening to the front also slows nose dive.
yes, adjust the suspension other than stock... world of difference. The performance rider settings are popular around here... Tonight I'm going to Doc Wong's suspension clinic in SF area.... can't wait!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Also dont ride with fat girls. They might want to put some extra weight on your arms too. I dont know from experience but it seems logical to me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is my 3rd year of riding, but I've only had my RR for 3 weeks.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Mike

C

·
0 Posts
cvlighthouse , I went to the first class. Never got to goto class 2 but it sure did help alot. Gary can kind of get long winded though
sweet. this is my first class and I'm starting on class # 2. He is using my bike.. Should be fun. Only thing is I have to commute 1.5 hrs.... :roll:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts