Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently for the past 3 weeks or so my bike has gotten sick.. it started knocking/popping when slow releasing out of first with little to no gas applied. If im hauling ass it dont knock. Today i was 2nd and was just making my way around the parking lot(really should of been in 1st) and it was popping bad when the bike began to bog down due to the low rpms/speed for 2nd. So im concluding after weeks of trying to find the cause, this only happens when the bike is "bogged" down.. usually below 3k rpm 1st and 2nd gear...haven't tested any higher gears cause being in 3rd and going 10mph is just ignorant lol. Me and a buddy are gonna look at it again this afternoon but ideas of what to look at or for will be awesome! Bike has 19k miles and just changed the oil with mobile 1 4t racing synthetic.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After doing some research, it is starting to sound like the cam chain tension could be the cause? I have an aftermarket exhaust and i cant really hear anything at 5k or above but i'm starting to believe the noise is getting more constant thus making be think i need to replace this part? Hear it goes out 15-20k miles or should be replaced by then anyways. Thoughts? My chain is nearly gone which will be replaced this winter, if chain condition matters at all with this issue.

·
Registered
903 Posts
There is really no good reason, that I know of to be in 2nd gear at 10-15MPH. The bike redlines at 15k, use it's capabilities.

·
Registered
903 Posts
One other thought.....make sure your gasoline is fresh AND that you are using at least 89 octane or higher.....93 for example.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use 93 and i was in 2nd going like 15 which still is 1st gear lol, just wanted to test this damn popping noise, trying to figure it out. The noise doesnt always happen...annoying the least :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts