Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently Purchased Fairings from Kpowersports.com for 625$. I used images from one of the reviews here when he purchased his bike. I'm not really a creative guy so I basically copied his design for the Red Konica Minolta Bike where instead of some other logo on the Bottom He just had a Honda Label.

I'm disappointed in these fairings in fitment and with many spots of the paint. In the end I really Love the way it looks. It's just that I had to make adjustments to things they said was suppose to be "No Drilling! All holes are ready to go" and what they didn't include "Heat shielded fairings for engine area."

It took about 2 weeks to come. Was really quick.

Heres how it came

Was packed really good. Only thing missing is the promised Heat shield it supposedly comes with. Wasn't pre-installed on any parts too sadly.

Installation was such a bitch because the parts I had to put together weren't pre-drilled or didn't flush together due to the incorrect tabs. The only fairing pieces I didn't have to adjust was the lower fairings covering the bottom of the engine. I've taken my bike apart so many times with my old fairings I seriously thought it was super easy to just plug and play, but the amount of adjustments I did was super annoying.

On this piece the front fairings the smoke windscreen looked so awesome, but didn't align with the front fairing.

I had to do this on 95% of the parts

On this piece you can see the space between the tank and the seating fairings which didn't flush at all

Heres just two photos of the paint job that I didn't like.

In this picture the "O" in Konica Minolta was half cleared half not so the upper part of the O was sticking out. I don't know how to fix this but i can easily slide a Pen through it. Some other parts are like this too

Again with part cleared and part not. This one the Red sticker was only half cleared and was already protruding out with the stickers glue coming off.

Heres what it looks like with all of the fairings installed.

I wanna put this out there that the Rear seat cowl Didn't flush at all I had to shave the seats metal by grinding parts of it off so it can clip on.

My ratings for this would be

Paint: 7/10
Packaging and Shipping: 8/10 since they forgot the heat shielding material
Fitment: 6/10
Communication: 8/10
Satisfaction with the overall look 8/10

I give Kpowersports.com a 7.4/10

Am I satisfied with my fairings? Yes. Will I buy from Kpowersports.com again? Probably not...Unless they literally cut the price in half I would be willing to do all of this work again.

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Sorry to hear that. When I ordered from them I literally drilled nothing. Fitment was perfect. Glad you got it together. Bike looks great!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Everything you noted is typical from these types of fairings. Not that it's right or wrong but typical and why they are priced as they are.

Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats true, but at I wished they gave me at least the heated shielding and gave me a properly fitting seating cowl. Besides that I'm happy with these fairings.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Your bike looks really good! so be happy of your purchase ;-)
Maybe try to ask them if they send you the heat shield, they should if it was in the deal.

I was more lucky with the adjustments of the fairings but also mine seat cowl was not fitting, I worked a little bit with the dremel to make it fitting correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts