Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got super deal on KR Tuned... Carbon Fiber Slip on...brand new...I got it from kid who was forced to sell his bike before putting pipe on...

So, on to the actual review...

1. build quality seems to be very nice, pipe is made in Italy, packaged extremely well.

2. not factoring removing of heatshieleds, weight savings are about 2 lbs..I expected more...i guess...

3. instructions are worst i ever saw...I would say non existant..cheap bastards are saving on piece of paper. there are plenty of home mechanics whou would benefit from nice set of instructions...at least publish them on the web, I will print my own...did I say cheap bastards?

4. one of the clamps broke and they told me I need to wait 3 -4 weeks for replacement....
However, if they would supply proper instructions, I would use lot less torque and clamp would hold...oh well... home depot had replacements....

5. Fit was excellent, very tight and precise, no leaks were noticed.

6. I was told that I would be able to keep stock fender, and it's SORT OF true...
but not exactly... Fender makes contact with the pipe installed, and I am pretty sure it's not a good thing!!

7. Sound core is great!! nice and quiet with and MONSTER Sound without!!
removal is easy, but for the list price of $650, KR MUST include tool to facilitate easy removal and reinstallation. cheap bastards!!!

8. Top heat shield had to go... or be modified ... I took it off for now...

thats about it... hit me with questions...

P.S. i did not ride it yet due to some CRAPPY WEATHER!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
need to get a custom tune on that sucker to see what it is really doing. im hoping for 650 just for a slip that it puts some numbers down that are impressive enough to bragg about!!! hell im itching to hear the exhaust pitch on it wot.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
it's only a slip on so the weight savings aren;t going to be as much as they would be if it was a full system.

however he said about 2 lbs which leads me to believe that he's not exactly certain of the actual amount.

looks good bro!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's only a slip on so the weight savings aren;t going to be as much as they would be if it was a full system.

however he said about 2 lbs which leads me to believe that he's not exactly certain of the actual amount.

looks good bro!

it was 2 lbs give or take, on my digital scale... i just did not record the exact exact weight....

I did not have my calc handy to do the math... so i did not bother recording actual weights.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

looks good bro!

dude, you still owe me few quotes... check your PM.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have you ridden this yet? If so how was the sound at higher rpms?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts