1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
never heard of them post a link if you can i have an axio

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Right on! The best sportbike backpack ever!!

They are available in the US from Aerostitch. Perfromance Bike magazine out of the UK really rates them highly and I agree. They are expensive but built super high quality!!!
http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Backpacks-p-1-c-282.html
http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Kriega-R25-p-16182.html
http://kriega.com/
THE ONE YOU WANT IS THE R25. To adjust the fit you just pull on the rings. No loose ends to flap. Best materials. Lots of room. I wear mine every day....sort of looks like you are wearing a parachute.
I cannot say enough good stuff about this backpack. They are occassionally on ebay!

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
The R35 is a lot bigger. Unless you are going cross country, I would get the R25. I think the R25 looks better,too. It is sleeker and holds a bunch of stuff for day to day...computer, rain gear, fix a flat etc. Hope this helps.
Check this pic: http://kriega.com/pages/r25/R25-topframeset.html then link to the quad-loc harness link on the lower left. See what I mean about it looking like a parachute. The first pic on the Kriega website with the sportbike riding away from you is the guy from Performance Bike magazine wearing his when they were in LA. He writes it is one of his favorite pieces of gear.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks LVTN68 you have been great help. I guess i will order the r25. Sucks i just can't go somewhere locally and pick one up though.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL selector! base-jumper! I am going to have to do that. Just put my order in. Get it go to the top deck of the parking deck and just sit on the phone. LOL wait for someone to come.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
selector said:
I'm pretty stoked on that pack, but I'd have a hard time justfying spending twice what I did on my existing unit that's in absolute perfect shape.

I had a hard time also. That is until i entered my info and hit enter. Now i feel okay i guess about it. lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
The best bag...then everything else.

Let me help you justify your purchase as well. You made a good buy. I have an R35. It was a huge improvement over the "school bag" that I previously used. The quad lock/strap system takes a little getting used to but it definately improves long term comfort. My only gripe with the bag was the relaxed fit of the straps. But this also wears off after a few miles with it. Durability is excellent as well. I recently had it on during accident which included my bike falling on me, as well as me sliding and rolling. My clavicle was broken but the bag came through with just a few scrapes on the straps The items inside (brake pads and an ipod among them) were unscathed.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks sLean for the testimonial i feel better about my newly bought not here yet bag with everyone saying good **** about them.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
sucky ! why do i have to be the little guy ? Got the pack ....... doesn't tighten enough for my size. other than that its bad asssssss. fits with jacket and suit on.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
FLATLINE_curious said:
sucky ! why do i have to be the little guy ? Got the pack ....... doesn't tighten enough for my size. other than that its bad asssssss. fits with jacket and suit on.
Ouch!! Now I feel really bad for suggesting it to you. I lookead at the OGIO website after someone mentioned them. Looks like a really nice pack. Maybe you could try one of those, or get a beer gut.....I know you can't wear a heavier jacket living in the South and all............hope it all works out in the end.
Laters.......

·
Registered
17 Posts
FLATLINE_curious said:
The relaxed fit of the straps was my chief complaint about the bag when I first started wearing it as well (as I previously mentioned). I don't know your measurements, but if your experience is anything like mine the looseness will wear off after a while and you won't feel the pressure on your shoulders.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LTVN68 no worries man fits really nice with the jacket or one piece on. Which is the main reason i bought it. Just will be a little loose if i take the truck one day with stuff in that pack. Its a damn good pack i am keeping it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sorry to hear about your off sLEAN and thanks for the thumbs up on the R35, still trying to decide whether to go for the R25 or R35, my doubt is the fact that I suffer from Asthma and therefore not sure about having the weight on my chest

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.