Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gang!
Frustrated and annoyed with kt moto headlight kit I'm trying to install. Has anyone got this set up to fit on your bike so nothing interferes with the steering, forks, and Over heating on other parts. The wiring is ridiculous and nearly impossible with having virtually no room. If anyone has a full video on how they did it can you share it with me. This is for a 07 cbr 600rr.
Any help would be appreciated. At a roadblock right now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is exactly why I have not done these or something similar. Too much going on. I'd love to see some pictures of the headlights if you have them though. Sorry I'm no help.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I haven't done these lights, but had installed HID bulbs with all their extra wiring and ballasts. To get it clean, I removed tank-cover, both side fairings along with inner panels behind front fairings. Then I tucked and zip-tied all wiring towards front and outside edges. Then re-installed front panels, side-fairings and tank-cover.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I did this on an F4i. Ended up buying cord extenders so I could locate the ballasts and extra wiring at the rear of the bike. So keep in mind if you find space somewhere (in the sides of the tail fairing maybe) that's an option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Hood

I have actually done this mod on a 2003, and all the wiring, connectors and ballasts are a real pain to hide. There are not enough room under the tank cover or fairings to hide everything, but there is a possibility to get everything tucked away behind the upper cowl behind the bracket for the lights and speedo, all that will be visible is the ballasts on each side over the ram intake. Will try to remember to post pictures of it tomorrow if its of any interest?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did this on an F4i. Ended up buying cord extenders so I could locate the ballasts and extra wiring at the rear of the bike. So keep in mind if you find space somewhere (in the sides of the tail fairing maybe) that's an option.
Do you have any pictures of what it looks like set up on your bike with the cord extension? Or a video on how you did it

·
Registered
188 Posts
yeah
View attachment 226959
I have actually done this mod on a 2003, and all the wiring, connectors and ballasts are a real pain to hide. There are not enough room under the tank cover or fairings to hide everything, but there is a possibility to get everything tucked away behind the upper cowl behind the bracket for the lights and speedo, all that will be visible is the ballasts on each side over the ram intake. Will try to remember to post pictures of it tomorrow if its of any interest?
Yeah, please post photos! The '03 has more room than '07, but trick is to remove all bodywork except for front fairing. I also trimmed and re-soldered any 12v wire that was longer than necessary.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah

Yeah, please post photos! The '03 has more room than '07, but trick is to remove all bodywork except for front fairing. I also trimmed and re-soldered any 12v wire that was longer than necessary.
The problem is the huge ballasts. There's a spot to ziptie it on the left side of the bike, but no room at all for the right ballast. Plus the other harness and connectors have no room to put it anywhere and to short. Dang I wish someone had a video or something installing all this crap. Anything would be helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts