Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
Cop can give you a ticket for blue or red, because it is the colors of the lights they use, I have also heard they can give you a ticket if they can see the actual neon.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tripage said:
Cop can give you a ticket for blue or red, because it is the colors of the lights they use, I have also heard they can give you a ticket if they can see the actual neon.
So its safe to say only use white or amber in front and red or amber in the back.
Damn cops and their laws! :icon_lol:

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
I think white looks the best overall... Not too "hey look at me, I have neons"

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
I have white neons on top of my slipon and on either side of my font end. In my dealings with the law, they have never been mentioned. If you look, you can see the ones by my front wheel fairly easily. I think mostly because mine aren't blue or red, and they are not blindingly(is that a word) noticable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was under the impression, (here in MO anyway) as long as you're not moving it doesn't matter if/what color neons you have.

*btw, I'm new to the board, long time lurker, first time poster ;)

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
welcome to the site of addiction bandit

C

·
0 Posts
Red is probably bad for the reasons already noted, but I find the best thing to do is ask local law enforcement before you do anything like that to your bike just to get the info straight from the source. I got the ok for my license plate chop and VFX kit from local cops before sporting it around town. Of course this is pending on your good standing with the local cops. If they have you on their sh*t list its probably not a good idea...lol.

·
Registered
163 Posts
here in ks if the bulb is able to be seen then it is illegal. red and blues are off limits especially from the front. i have not had any other officers say anything about stopping some one for having blue under the vehicle. but could be they just havent stopped them yet

·
Registered
121 Posts
Lots of good info above, but it seems to be that most often, you won't get tickets or pulled over for these things by themselves. It's like hanging something from your rearview mirror in your car, it's illegal, but many people don't get tickets for it. If you are nice to the cop that pulls you over for the speeding or wheelie, chances are he won't give you **** for the lights. If you are a ****, you can be sure he'll notice most everything illegal you have.

I'm not saying it's legal, just unlikely to be a problem.

·
Registered
904 Posts
tripage said:
This is exactly what a police officer told me

I speak from experience.....It was a car, but i doubt they change between cars and motorcycles...

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
2,009 Posts
Now, given Hawaii is cracking down hard on motorcycles right now, but recently a group of almost a dozen of us got pulled over for having a neon light on his license plate. They then used that as an excuse to look over EVERYONE's bikes, and wrote tickets for expired safety inspections, slip on exhausts, insurance for one guy, removed mirrors for another, etc... Was a real homo event. ;-) I didn't get any, but then again my @#$% is always legit, and since I pulled the stickers off my Jardine they didn't notice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts