Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is my second season with my all stock 03' 600rr. after riding a few other bikes...it seems as though my bike really lacks in the low end department. do you think there is something wrong with my bike...or am i just wanting more power?

·
Registered
222 Posts
the sprocket conversion i put on this winter and i've had it out a few times so far and i absolutely love it. get that first for the biggest difference then add a slip on and you'll be just fine!

·
Registered
211 Posts
sidewayz said:
let's say our top speed is 270? how much top speed will i lose if i change 15/45 sprockets? 20? = 250 top speed?
Not to burst your bubble but i dont think the stock 600rr will do 270 haha. but yea i do kind of feel like my back has we less low end than my friends 05 gsxr 600, but he just put a yoshi full and a power commander on it and that thing will stand it straight up in 3rd gear....I was impressed, and my 03 definately cant do that with just a jardine slip on haha.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I think he means 270 kph (= ~167-8 mph).

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
F4iTO600rr said:
Not to burst your bubble but i dont think the stock 600rr will do 270 haha. but yea i do kind of feel like my back has we less low end than my friends 05 gsxr 600, but he just put a yoshi full and a power commander on it and that thing will stand it straight up in 3rd gear....I was impressed, and my 03 definately cant do that with just a jardine slip on haha.
im talking about kph

·
Registered
211 Posts
sorry sidewayz, i didnt note the your location was manilapines, sorry bout that, but yea, i was kinda wondering what kind of top end loss i would see by maybe just doin the front sprocket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dont know much about sprockets and chains...what is a good brand? also if i add a slip-on pipe, do i need a power commander?.....thanks everyone for your replies

1 - 19 of 19 Posts