Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Can anyone tell me if they are finding the 09 version has less top end power than the 08 or 07 versions?

I have heard that there is a new exhaust valve which prevents the maximum HP being taken from the engine.

Would it be worth buying a new exhaust for my 09 Version?

Many thanks

Al Boydino

note - I am in London, England - not sure if the bikes here are the same as the ones in the US or elsewhere - could someone spread a little light on that for me as well please.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I thought the Two bros VALE looked and sounded pretty nice, well from youtube anyways, I usually just youtube different ones and see what sounds good to me. But I'll probably go with a Two Bros Titanium, or a Yoshimura

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why is it the fastest one? They made improvements to the 08 version and then played with the mid range power on the 09 version

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Why is it the fastest one? They made improvements to the 08 version and then played with the mid range power on the 09 version

well at 1st I was being sarcastic... but if you must know...

07 and 08 are identical except for their color schemes (no changes to power/handling/etc)
09 is the one with the "restriction" which brought down power by a couple horses ... in which case you can just buy this:
http://www.hardracing.com/IRC.htm
supposedly it'll bring back those lost ponies for ya.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
My 09 was noticeably slower than the 07's and 08's I was directly comparing it to. I have a slip on and a Power Commander now and it feels slightly faster than a stock 07/08 now. Not sure if it would be faster than a PC'd Slip-On 07/08.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I think i will look at a different exhaust, any suggestions?

Most of the exhausts that start with an "A" are really good....

I say go with Arata, Akrapovic, or Arrow.

Any of these three will be a good pick, I personally have an Akrapovic. I am very happy with it.

Word. :banger:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Oh yeah, Leo Vince makes really good exhaust also.

You should definitely consider them as well.

·
Registered
186 Posts
well at 1st I was being sarcastic... but if you must know...

07 and 08 are identical except for their color schemes (no changes to power/handling/etc)
09 is the one with the "restriction" which brought down power by a couple horses ... in which case you can just buy this:
http://www.hardracing.com/IRC.htm
supposedly it'll bring back those lost ponies for ya.
The 08 has more mid range than the 07, PLUS the 08 has a different rake. 07 has 25.5 rake, and 08 has 25.75. The 09 has more mid range than both, but suffers bad on top end. "a couple horses"? Try 10hp! My 08 has 105.6hp stock. New one has 96hp. If you want to talk "stock crank hp" My 08 has 118hp, the 09 has 109hp.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Okay, for the record I got my STOCK '09 dyno'd this past weekend. It produced 98 HP.

A couple other guys dyno'd their '07 & '08 which had modifications (air filter, sprocket upgrade, exhaust, etc.) and they produced 98.5!

Another guy produced 105hp but he had a full system, lighter wheels, this & that...I mean pretty set up. And in my eyes...that isn't a lot compared to my STOCK '09.

Next day (yesterday), I'm out on the track passing R1s, Ducs, etc. like they're standing still.

Go figure.

·
Registered
154 Posts
my 08 got 115.7 hp to the rear wheel with pc3 full yoshi rs-5 wrapped plus +2 teath in the rear k&n air filter on pump gas and since then i put a 520 chain conversion +2 driven sprocket to the rear afam front sprocket and D.I.D er 520 chain

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
The PCIII is the key. That and a couple other which I plan on getting later. But the exhaust (full or not), air filter, etc. alone won't make a difference.

Now, if you were to get all the parts and put them together that's where you're going to see the difference.

It's all in the tuning and electronics.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
The 08 has more mid range than the 07, PLUS the 08 has a different rake. 07 has 25.5 rake, and 08 has 25.75. The 09 has more mid range than both, but suffers bad on top end. "a couple horses"? Try 10hp! My 08 has 105.6hp stock. New one has 96hp. If you want to talk "stock crank hp" My 08 has 118hp, the 09 has 109hp.

:retard:.... please provide a picture of the dyno run sheets that you've done for everything you've stated

in any case... the 07 is STILL THE FASTEST, especially tricolor ones :fyou:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts